ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing a ph1 idle control valve?

Evo
Recieved my new ICV today which is OEM spec and supplied with two bolts. When I removed the unit from the manifold it appears to be riveted into the plastic casing instead. Can't work out how to get this off or reattach new ICV with supplied bolts! Anyone shed some light on this please?

3442FDF4-947C-40D7-AAF6-6E18924FD4BE-1777-000004067A65EAA6_zps7c07f7ef.jpg

CLS320 with a D6
Get the old ICV assembly wrapped in a rag in a vice, and use a hammer and centre punch to gently knock the pins out. Use a couple of nuts/bolts to reattach new one. Make sure O ring is firmly seated whilst coupling.

Evo
Oh dear have neither access to a vice or a centre punch lol. What a poxy way of doing things, typical renault.

CLS320 with a D6
Could possibly fashion something with a block of wood, just need something solid to rest the icv on so you can tap away and pin comes out in a gap somewhere

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Your joking, that's not how I got my last two from Renault. Mine came as one unit. Hope they haven't changed the design.

clio sport 182
have you tried drilling out the rivets alot easier than using a center punch and then u wont need a vice to hold it either

SQ5
Where was it bought from as it may not even work if its a cheap copy. VDO is the manufacturer of them, so no idea why MM is also stamped on there?