ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing front struts - tips / ticks??

Clio 1.5 DCI
Got to replace the front struts on my DCI later this week. Whats this job like to do on a Clio guys? Done it before on other cars without a problem, but are there any hidden problems that the haynes manual doesnt mention? Looks easy enough looking at the manual.... famous last words!!!

clio 2003
Hey budy, i just did myself and got into many trouble,m i saw a you tube video showing how to do it
but it happens they never explain that when you take off the old strut you will have some trouble to mount it again
if you do not put a screw to hold "reel mount" (were the strut is mounted) to avoid this problem, i have photographs of how i did it
can share if you have an email...

Hey budy, i just did myself and got into many trouble,m i saw a you tube video showing how to do it
but it happens they never explain that when you take off the old strut you will have some trouble to mount it again
if you do not put a screw to hold "reel mount" (were the strut is mounted) to avoid this problem, i have photographs of how i did it
can share if you have an email...

Whats a reel mount??

clio 2003
Martin i cannot find the term you call this in english, but this is the part of the reel with 2 holes were you screw the base of the strut to the wheel.