ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing Globes - Clio Sport Estate

Clio Sport Estate
I have a Clio Sport Estate that I leased in France. The right hand (passenger side on a French car) headlight bulbs has blown.

It is impossible to get to the back of the headlight assembly.

My poor French reading of the manual indicates that you need to have the bulb changed by the dealer.

It looks as if I would have to remove the entire front bumper to get to headlight assembly.

Can someone please advise if this is correct, how involved this is and any gotchas such as spring load assemblies (the bane of my life!)?

Andrew Watson

BMW E46 330i Touring
You can easily access the headlight bulbs from the engine bay, although they can be fiddly to replace due to the tight space.

Just twist out the old one and replace the bulb.

Clio Sport Estate
Easier said than done. If I could get to back of headlight fitting I would change the bulb.

I should have said I have diesel. There are 2 fixed in place hoses very close behind fitting. One is hand pump bulb presumably for when you run out of fuel.

If I could work out how to upload photo I could show you. The only option seems to be to insert link to photo that is already on Internet.

How do I upload photos please?

I only have car for another 3 weeks. I never drive at night, except tonight when I get off ferry from Belfast in Stranraer at 0100 and next week when I get off ferry from Dover in Calais at same time. (That's when the ferries are cheapest!)

This means I don't need headlights but I do want daylight driving lights.

Is it legal to use fog lamps at bottom of bumper as DDLs?

Andrew Watson

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
You can use www.imageshack.us. Browse and upload your image, on the second page copy and paste the script from the 'Thumbnail for forums (1)' box (as shown in pic below) into your comment box on here and it'll include the image.

Either that or once you've u/l and have the url, you can use the 'insert image' tab at the top of your message box.

In relation to your orig question-does the car have xenons? If not the bulb change is a piece of piss. Granted is a little fiddly, but easy enough.

p.