ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing lhd headlamps to rhd headlamps?

Renault Clio RSI 1.6
Hello I have a clio 172 non cup, a numpty put lhd headlamps (xenon) in my car and they left the old rhd ones in the back. Is there a switchover for the kick up beam or is it set in stone? If so can I Frankenstein the brand new lhd headlamps to be rhd?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The lamps are region specific on the Mk2's - You can't convert LHD lamps to RHD but I'm sure someone makes a nasty stick-on sense correction device

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just swap the left headlight to the right
Good question on that actually. Could you buy a LHD headlamp unit, but swap over the internals (bulb, ballast, starter, etc) from a RHD unit?

Seems like the unicorn-spec dark grey xenon headlights are pretty plentiful in Eastern Europe - but are clearly all specced for the LHD market.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Good question on that actually. Could you buy a LHD headlamp unit, but swap over the internals (bulb, ballast, starter, etc) from a RHD unit?

Seems like the unicorn-spec dark grey xenon headlights are pretty plentiful in Eastern Europe - but are clearly all specced for the LHD market.
@SharpyClio Has been through this, believe there is a little lever to swap the beam