ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the Aux belt and Tensioner - DIY job?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
I need a new aux belt, just wondering if its an easy job.

does it all have to be lined up like with the cambelt?

does it require much taking off the car to do it?

cheers?

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
bumper off, bit of a tw*t to do TBH and i do them AFD
bumper offf??? no way. engine mount off and drivers wheel. and then jack the engine up and down to get to the bolts. still very awkward.

I hoik the bumper off too.......makes life easier, no scratching and its only 5 bolts.

Its not a tough job, so long as you have small hands and spent the time trying out every stupid tool arrangement you can think of.

'regular' tools wont cut it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup, decent jack, wheel and bumper off, engine mount off and jack it out on the offside.

I did my Ph1 172's cambelt like that, too. F*ck paying over the odds for what's just a day's work.

ITB'd MK1
Not worth messing about with the bumper on, only takes a few minutes to get it off and the extra access will save you a huge amount of time. I leave the arch-liners on the bumper and detach the trim clips from the body rather than removing the screws, but that's a personal preference and Andy always does the opposite