ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Ebay Alarm Installation Guide

Clio 1.4 16V
Ok it doesnt have pics but i figured out how to install one of the cheap ebay alarms into my 1999 Clio RT, however only the alarm and central locking but not the immobilizer, hopefully this should help other people, PLEASE NOTE: this is for the central locking button mounted on the lower centre console:

This is the alarm i bought http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Alarm-Sys...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

1. We will be needing access under the centre console and the wires behind the steering wheel column, to access under the steering wheel there are 3 T20 screws. there is one towards the back, underneath the steering column and 2 towards the front, these to are in deep so will need a long thin t20 driver, once these have been remove prise the top part and bottom paRT of the steering wheel column off.

The centre console: Remove the ashtray by lifting the ld and just pulling it out there is another T20 screw underneath this and 2 going in the side of the console neer the two front seat, pull up the gear gaitor by unclipping it and then carefully manouvre the console around the gear stick and away from the car, carefully unclipping the C/L switch, hazard switch and cigar lighter wires.

2. Going back to the steering wheel column the thick red wire is the +12v positive feed, it should be grouped we an orange, yellow and green/yellow wire connecting into the ignition barrel, this is where we are tapping into for our power, connect the alarm +12v wire into this red wire and tape up with insulation tape.

3. Now the ACC wire from the alarm goes into the thick YELLOW wire this is the wire that only has power when the ignition is on and stops the alarm from reactiving when the engine is on (providing your alarm has this)

4. Now for the hazard lights for when you arm/disarm or when your alarm goes off. You will need the plug for the hazard light switch and the wires that go into pin numbers 3 and 4 cant remember the colours but haynes say Orange and Mauve, connect the 2 warning light wires from the alarm into these two doesnt matter which way around but one wire powers the left side lights and the other the right. tape up and cable tie all these.

5. Now for the central locking, this was trial and error for me but sussed it. You will need the wiring plug for the central locking switch adn wires in pin numbers 1 3 and 5, these are Pink, black and Grey with black being earth, to test these if you connect a piece of wire to one of the colour to an earth point the doors should lock and unlock depending on which wire. The unlock wire of the alarm goes obviously to the unlock and lockto the locking wire on the connector. Now this is what i eventually susses out, in my alarm there was a common line wire in the alarm, this is basically earth and the C/L wont work we out this connected, this goes into one of the wires in pin 3, there wil be 2 wires in this connect to any of them with this common line wire. There wil also have to be 2 wires connected up together mine were the orange and orange/black wire follow your instructions for this, these will also need earthing in the sill bolt described below.

6. Now remove the drivers side sill trim and there are two bolts undo one a bit and connect the alarms earth wire into one of these bolts and tighten the bolt up.

7. Now find a good position for the siren and find a way into the car, i havent done this yet but will be at weekend. And the alarm box i connect behind the little pouch near the drivers right leg and ran the wires along to the left of it behind the lower centre console for the hazard and CL wires. And tucked the rest of the wires behind the sill trim.

Now tidy al the wiring up and put the steering wheel column and Centre console back on and job should be done.

Hopefully that should cover it but will add anything i forget to mention, if someone follows this guide please take pics for other people,

Thanks

Matt.

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
If you fit it yourself it will not be cat certified as it has to be fitted by a professional certified company etc. Also if you are goin to do it yourself you need to meter all the wires propaerly to ensure that they are and do what you think they are supposed to do. Dont just connect them without checking first!!!! or its game over for the alarm module or maybe the car!!!! trust me ive seen it plenty of times!

Clio 1.4 16V
Aye true mate but had a lot of time looking at the diagrams in the haynes manual and checking and double checking that they were the correct wires. I also installed a similar one for a punto for wich i followed a guide for, so that help me decide what each wire on the alarm was for and help decide what wire i would be needing to use in the clio wiring diagram.

All in all its working perfectly, aslong as the wires are securely connected and its earthed and fused (fuses usually come with the alarm) then it shouldnt be a problem.