ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap insurance companys

clio 182
Hello, im sure this topic has been posted numerous amount of times, i am just wondering if anybody can suggest the cheapest place car insurance to insure me on the clio 182 sport

ive been on all the populars(go compare, comparethemarket, etc)

the best one i have found is tiger.co.uk, but still the insurance quote was 3400 a year!!

i am 19, full uk licence, 2years driving

i also put my fathers name as policy holder, with his 9+ no clamins bonus, and his 35+ years driving experience its still so dear!

ideally id be happy to pay 2500-3000, because i do know it wont be cheap

can any1 reccomend cheap direct compains to phone, and any advice how to get the quotes down cheap??

thankyou all replies appreciated!
scott

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ring brentacre and adrian flux. Probably the best for you.

Tell both companies the car is modified (pick something simple like panel filter if it isn't modified) and that your in an owners club. I think the department you need to talk to at adrian flux is the red team, thats who i always talk to anyway.

Finally, the chances of getting a decent quote online at your age on a cs is pretty much zero. You MUST phone them.

Have you tried a quote without your dad as policy holder?

My 200 is around £900 (im 20 with a few accidents) and its in my name. In my dads name the same quote was a shade over 4k....

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Theres no such thing as a cheap insurance company really. It all depends on your conditions, e.i. Postcode, age, no claims, convictions, car, mods, job. It all comes down to research, i normally start shopping around about 6 weeks before its due to make sure av tryied most places. Good luck!

Heres a tip though if its in your name put your mam and dad has named drivers. I put my dad on and it knocked 150 off then i put my mam on and it knocked another 200 off! Might not work in everyones case though.

The cheapest so far for me at 21, 4 years driving exp and 2 ncb, 0 points or claims were Bell/Elephant going direct. This was on a 172 cup and was just over 1k. Most others were extortionate

Edit: I live in the lowest insurance post code rating aswell iirc

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
The cheapest so far for me at 21, 4 years driving exp and 2 ncb, 0 points or claims were Bell/Elephant going direct. This was on a 172 cup and was just over 1k. Most others were extortionate

Edit: I live in the lowest insurance post code rating aswell iirc

How can you see what rating Your post code is?

Arctic 182 + yozza
i've just snapped admiral's arm off

£900 f/c

21yo, 4yrs driving, 1 fault accident, sp30, all mods declared, live in essex.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
i've just snapped admiral's arm off

£900 f/c

21yo, 4yrs driving, 1 fault accident, sp30, all mods declared, live in essex.

Theyve been the cheapest for me inc elephany which i believe they own too, but only when you pay anually i got quoted 1200 anually and when i rang to see how much it would monthly it came up to 2000!

MR2 Mk1.5
Hello, im sure this topic has been posted numerous amount of times, i am just wondering if anybody can suggest the cheapest place car insurance to insure me on the clio 182 sport

ive been on all the populars(go compare, comparethemarket, etc)

the best one i have found is tiger.co.uk, but still the insurance quote was 3400 a year!!

i am 19, full uk licence, 2years driving

i also put my fathers name as policy holder, with his 9+ no clamins bonus, and his 35+ years driving experience its still so dear!

ideally id be happy to pay 2500-3000, because i do know it wont be cheap

can any1 reccomend cheap direct compains to phone, and any advice how to get the quotes down cheap??

thankyou all replies appreciated!
scott

If it is your car, it needs to be insured in your name. Also, a 182 is a lot of car for a 19 year old so you'll be paying a lot more to insure it than you would a lower grouped car.