ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap rear discs + bearings

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Seems to be quite a few cheap sets of rear discs including the bearings on ebay for the 172/182.

As the rears don't do as much as the fronts are they worth a shot (most seem to be grooved and/or drilled)?

Or are they likely to be really crap with crap bearings?

Just a set with mintex pads can be had for like £90 which seems cheap to me.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen in some other threads that Renault rears are now about 95+vat so will just get some of those.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
£95 + VAT and Disks are about £36 + VAT or something

I got my Disks from Renault through a Friend for something like £68 and Pads from CAS for £18 for Both Sides :)

Bumder With A Buffer
ECP (Euro Car Parts). I bought Disks from there...cant remember the price. You have to buy bearings as well though. Swear they were under 60 quid for the set??

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Quite possibly but pressing Bearings can be an arse so I chose to have all ABS Rings and Bearing Pre-Pressed just incase

Bumder With A Buffer
Quite possibly but pressing Bearings can be an arse so I chose to have all ABS Rings and Bearing Pre-Pressed just incase

An arse??!! I did mine on my garage floor with a hammer and a kind of socket and just punched the f**ker in carefully :)

Bumder With A Buffer
I did make the noob error of putting one of the bearing rings in first and started to hammer the bugger in... then when I couldn't get the top ring in I suddenly thought..ay yeah that bottom one shouldn't be in :eek:

I do have access to a bearing press at work now though so its a lot easier

euro car parts and all those places...

they are something like 18 quid.. or 24 with bearings...(im sure its something like that..)

172 Race Car
I got a set from euro car parts last year all built up with rings and bearings for about £75. When I rang back to get some more for a mate they didnt have a clue what I was talking about, even tho i had a part number

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^ Yeah I struggled to comprehend how one day you can get them with bearings... then the next day they dont know what your talking about!

im sure they sell them "with" or "without" bearings...

i managed to get one with and one without...

numpties..

172 Race Car
With or without the bearings isnt an issue for me. No one does them with the abs rings exept Renault. But I did manage to buy some pattern ones WITH the abs rings from ECP once

Clio 182
There was a chap on ebay selling loads of abs rings for various cars, he seemed to know his stuff when quoting me on a pair. They were £9.99 each.

I heated my old rings up and gently knocked them off the old discs and then refitted them to the new discs whilst still warm. Easy peasy.