ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap seats

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd like to upgrade the front seats in my 172. And do it cheaply.
I've seen a few sets from the 225 megane available for not much cash. Will they fit without modifying the subframe, airbag sensors etc?
And are they any better than the 172 versions?
This is the type.

SmartSelect_20200331-120220_Facebook.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
225 seats are s**t

The Airbag connectors are way different too so either bodge them in on custom frames and code the airbag light out or just save your time and get some VXR leathers or something

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm just looking for something with a bit more grip, but too tight to shell out on a proper bucket, unless i have to.
I keep finding I'm bracing myself against various bits of the interior when I'm having some fun in the car. I might have to wait for someone to break a track car...

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
With seat bases. Got to remember those. I was at snetterton before the lockdown and the guys i shared a garage with had a 182 with some beautiful recaros in them, possibly from a later megane. I think they spent more on those and the bases then my 172 has cost!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just looking for something with a bit more grip, but too tight to shell out on a proper bucket, unless i have to.
I keep finding I'm bracing myself against various bits of the interior when I'm having some fun in the car. I might have to wait for someone to break a track car...

CG-Lock? They don't make them any more but I'm sure you could find one on eBay.

I use mine on every trackday, swear by it, great things.

Clio 172 Cup
I am hoping to pick a set up with frames dan not too sure seats on their own going for about 300 evo style recaros

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
CG-Lock? They don't make them any more but I'm sure you could find one on eBay.

I use mine on every trackday, swear by it, great things.

A bit of googling suggests that's a seatbelt adapter, and now replaced by something called shoft?

Clio 172 Cup
Possibly mate was a set I missed out on trendlines with frames around this price as normal I faff about and miss out

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What I would add to this thread is, if people are looking for something more supportive and more 'bucket like' than the normal 172/182 seats, don't bother with Trendlines from a Trophy/Megane etc.

Got some in mine and whilst they're lovely and sit much lower on the Jon Foz low frames, they're much less supportive than the normal seats.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What I would add to this thread is, if people are looking for something more supportive and more 'bucket like' than the normal 172/182 seats, don't bother with Trendlines from a Trophy/Megane etc.

Got some in mine and whilst they're lovely and sit much lower on the Jon Foz low frames, they're much less supportive than the normal seats.

Interesting. You might have dlsaved me.from an expensive mistake. I like the clio seats for normal driving, it's just for when I'm going a bit more briskly that i need a bit more support.
Velcro seat covers?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Interesting. You might have dlsaved me.from an expensive mistake. I like the clio seats for normal driving, it's just for when I'm going a bit more briskly that i need a bit more support.
Velcro seat covers?

I paid around £650 for a set of Trendlines around 3 years ago, maybe even longer, then another £250 for Jon Foz low frames, so going on for a grand. Whilst they'll hold their money, look nicer, will probably make the car more desirable when I sell etc, if I was to do it again, I'd go for some Corbeau Clubsports on Jon Foz low frames.

Clio 172 Cup
When I started looking I had a trip down to Corbeau and tried out a whole lot of seats. Given that they had fit in with the regs, full on one piece race seats were out but the RS2 fitted me well. I nearly bought those but the Recaros I now have came up.

https://www.corbeau-seats.com/product/rs2-reclining-bucket-seat/
Nice seats and look supportive, I am waiting on my turbo conversion with engine dynamics just can’t get the car to Andy at the min unless I transport it but costs are high so just sat scratching my nuts at the min. Will deffo look at seats once this is done tho