ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheaper rear brakes

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Recieved my rear discs and pads today. The discs come with bearings fitted and they do seem good quality (Prob made of cheese!!). Didnt fancy paying renault prices seeing im told the rear brakes dont take much punishment on the clio.
Brakes international £110 inc Vat and delivery for discs and pads.

cliobrakes014.gif

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Do you have a 172 cup mate? I thought none of these had abs or was it just some?

C

Cupster

Do you have a 172 cup mate? I thought none of these had abs or was it just some?

None have ABS but I think they still share the same discs just dont use the ABS ring or something.

BMW E46 330i Touring
No idea, but it's awful. Have had the cable adjusted several times, a new caliper, the discs and pads are pretty much brand new and it's still crap.

C

Cupster

what diffeence does abs make to the handbrake? :S

Get your cables adjusted.

No difference, we were saying that the the 1*2 rear brakes hardly do any of the work, very noticable by an almost complete lack of handbrake workage.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ah, no, not the abs part - just the 1*2 brakes! And, as the Cup is more front-biased, I imagine it's even worse again...

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
https://safe.brakeparts.co.uk/loadnew.html
At the moment they appear to be out of stock as they were when i first tried to order them but within a day they had emailed me and they were back in stock.
I fitted them the other day and so far so good. I paid £110.84p for discs, pads and delivery with the bearings fitted so it was a straight forward off with old on with the new.