ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest Good TV source etc?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Moving into my own place in December and wanting to start getting bits and pieces bought, first on the list being a TV option. I want Sky/Virgin eventually but want to be comfortable with costs before I go down that route. What are my options for free / VERY cheap TV?

I know there's standard free view, how do I get this? Is it literally just a box that I plug in? Where does the signal come from? I have a good Samsung TV but it's not got built in Freeview. Is there anything else along the same lines but better?
I'm also planning on getting a PS3 and Netflix for a bit of viewing excitement!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Are you keeping the current TV? BT and TalkTalk do a TV, Broadband and calls package where you get a YouView box which is basically FreeView and has the ability to stream Sky channels if you purchase the packages for them. It also has 7 day catch up built in and the top model even has a hard dive so you can series record programs too.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Sorry forgot to add that in, yeah current TV works fine and is big enough for the minute, so wanting to keep that.
Will look into BT and TalkTalk, thanks mate.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Why get anything subscription at all?

Just stick with a £10 freeview box and a £10 nowtv box for catchup, see how you get on.