ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheapest place for

MINI Cooper S
Direct line, but they dont insure modified vehicles, even aftermarket alloys which is why i couldnt go with them, but they were the cheapest i could find.

you may know it, clio?
ill try them then

its 2003 btw

i tried direct line and got £2000 because my parents are with them so i got 10% off?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Try elephant and adding your Mum and Dad to the policy.

Expect upward of £1500.

Get your pass plus certificate done, that usually knocks 10% ish off withs ome companies.

Also, work out how many miles you're gonna do, if you're only gonna do 5K per year, only insure for 5K, not 12K etc etc.

you may know it, clio?
elephant quoted £5898 ?!!?!?!

direct line... guess i wont be lowering it or exhuast...

i could get away with 172 alloys refurb in black? :]

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't mess around with insurance companies.

If they say no Mods, they mean no Mods.

And please don't think that the people assesing your car in the event of a claim won't know everything that is supposed to be as standard on the car, and everything that has been changed. They will see loads of cars a week, so will know exactly what to look for, and black alloys won't be on the list.

im 18 with the same car mate and it was an absolute f**king nightmare getting insurance for it!!!the very cheapest i could find (and i looked everywere) was £1900!!! which i refused to pay ...so i went with direct line as a named driver on my dads insurance!!once the year is up i can pass on my no claims to my own policy

i am paying roughly £1000 btw

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
im 18 with the same car mate and it was an absolute f**king nightmare getting insurance for it!!!the very cheapest i could find (and i looked everywere) was £1900!!! which i refused to pay ...so i went with direct line as a named driver on my dads insurance!!once the year is up i can pass on my no claims to my own policy

Yet another person who is driving without insurance then!

Assuming you are the main driver of the car, and taht your Dad hardly ever, if ever drives your car?

Yet another person who is driving without insurance then!

Assuming you are the main driver of the car, and taht your Dad hardly ever, if ever drives your car?

i wouldnt say i was driving without insurance...as i have insurance?

im not going to say anything on a forum!!

edit:just read above thread

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Read the above thread.

Basically, if you are a named driver but are the main user of a car, your insurance can be declared void in the event of an accident possibly leaving you with a large bill.

Also see this thread.

Read the above thread.

Basically, if you are a named driver but are the main user of a car, your insurance can be declared void in the event of an accident possibly leaving you with a large bill.

Also see this thread.

cheers for the info mate...

ur megane r26
i got a 1.2 16v 2003 and when i was 17 got my insurance with nationwide at a cost of 1600, fulli comp on me own no parents, so maybe a worth having a look

you may know it, clio?
oh ok good, what other little things can i do to make it look nice... without classing it as mods...

someone like the sport steering wheel?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
so spraying my alloys counts a mod?!

Yes, But How many of the older people on here, Who constantly moan about declaring mods when you are young, and Going on their parents policies etc etc Declare their Middo Coloured Badges, Silvervisions etc etc?

clio...
Try Adrian Flux. Friend of a friend just got a quote on his Corsa Sxi for 1300 quid by himself. First year driving, just passed his test... He is 18tho.

give them a ring. 08700777888.

Oh; he had pass plus.

Chocolate Bar™
my insurance company nearly fucked me over for having powdercoated alloys, i'd declare them everytime

Clio3 1.4 16v dynamique
I'm with direct line, my first car at 25 after pass plus was £900 i think. 1.4 16v dynamique. one of the newest shape clios.

Saxo VTR!!
Why not go TPFT? Build up some no claims on that! Then go Fully comp?
Thats what i did!! Insurance is now cheap as chips!! :D

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
18 with no ncb my insurance cost £900 TPFT on a 1.2 Dynamique

I also have pass plus, btw it would have cost £1300 fully comp but whats the point if you crashed your car would you really claim and lose your no claims?

im with www.ecarinsurance.co.uk

my car is currently written off and im going to get a valver as soon as the cheque comes (they take their time!!) :D cant wait. ecar have quoted me £1800 for the valver at 19 and still with no ncb! it should drop down to around £1400 with my years NCB next month.

btw some mongo ploughed into the back of me and cacked my car, I'm a good driver ;) :p

you may know it, clio?
well fully comp is worth it.

my brother wrote of his car a couple months after passing, not only did they pay out exactly what he payed but

when it came to his second year of driving, it dropped £700 ?!

so he claimed and it still dopped :]