ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheeky B*****ds!

someone on here PMd me askin if i got the bumper from them and that link!

my face :eek:

its german i think! ne 1 know ne german? lol

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

E-mail them saying you will shortly be recieving a letter from my lawyer, I am sueing for 10,000 Euros compensation.. that should do it !

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 14 January 2004

Who took the picture?? Was it lifted from a site?
Yes, it was lifted from daz-uk.com - before I watermarked them.

Ziel Nurburgring

Well it is your Interlectual property, but you could just email them and ask them to A) Remove it or B) Give you cash for using the picture.

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

i found my car advertising the psg kit on some site the other day and the number plates werent even blocked out!

well my teacher is doin some research into it to see wot is the legal deal with this, im jus interested not likely to try and sue

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

How about, get a f**king life and be grateful someone thinks highly enough of your car to put it on their site! ;) jeezzz

bigtommy, they are the ones from the PSG site.. heh.

AFAIK, as soon as you take a picture, its your property.. and anyone using it has to have permission from the person..

*shrug* I dunno, its all confusing, heh.

..... And you must normally have a signed release forum for any model or piece of property which is the main subject of the photo too (Only if you may want to use the photo commercially in the future)

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

got point rob! dont really care that much to be fair, like the kit on the clio you got though, headlight transplant looks good too!!

yer daz those pics are from psg site so prob gave up the rights to photos when agreed to have car done by them. dunno as well, oh well

Rob u really av an anger managment problem lately! lol

I aint that bothered i jus thought i was fcukin cheeky nickin someones pic off a forum or faceparty! if theyre sellin the bumper they can get there own fcukin pictures!

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 14 January 2004

I aint that bothered i jus thought i was fcukin cheeky nickin someones pic off a forum or faceparty! if theyre sellin the bumper they can get there own fcukin pictures!
someones == Dazs.

Damn right, and stealing pictures is a copyright infringment which should be taken seriously - anyone whos had photos used on another site without permission should sent them a "Cease and distist" type email demanding they stop using them asap, then if they dont a solicitors letter is the next stage, in that claiming loss of potential earnings from that photo as they could well have purchased the right to use it, and therefore you could actually be claiming money back from them - get a letter done, you could get a few hundred notes out of them ;)

Daz took the photo back at Trax

If they were claimin it as there car then i would be bothered but as there not i dont really mind!

There is no claim on the photo saying it is:

A: their photo

B: their car

So as far as i know they have made no copyright infringement, as i assume you do not have copyright on the photo? They could argue that a non-copyrighted photo on the internet is in the public domain and therefore free to be copied as long as no claims are made against the pic.

E90

Dude, Id be honoured they think your car looks good enough to advertise their products. mail the link to everyone you know and start bragging :)

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 14 January 2004

There is no claim on the photo saying it is:

A: their photo

B: their car

So as far as i know they have made no copyright infringement, as i assume you do not have copyright on the photo? They could argue that a non-copyrighted photo on the internet is in the public domain and therefore free to be copied as long as no claims are made against the pic.
Copyright exists as soon as you take the photo, no photo is non-copyright - but people can expressly state that you can use their photo for any purpose if they want - but daz didnt do this....

But just because you have copyright of the photo doesnt mean you yourself can use it for any purpose lol - its complicated.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

what they dont know about that picture is that all the way up to Trax the front bumber was hanging off anyway. LOL.

But i agree with Roamer its not right for someone else to use a photo to advertise the product. I have studied a little law previouse and any picture taken by an individual a hosted on their site or on a similar site is protected by a form of copyright not to the extent that music is but you have the right to ask them to remove the picture from the site and any others they may have stored on their computers.

some ugly fcuk who kept hoverin round my arse! lol

i was told as soon as the picture is put on a website/ forum u have given up the copyright and given it public access so the copyright is void! Thats wot i heard ne way!

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 14 January 2004

some ugly fcuk who kept hoverin round my arse! lol

i was told as soon as the picture is put on a website/ forum u have given up the copyright and given it public access so the copyright is void! Thats wot i heard ne way!
Nope, wrong wrong diddily wrong

Copyright still holds, but it is harder to prove you own it if it is not a watermarked image - but this can be sorted easy enough by only putting reduced images out there and holding the originals elsewhere.

I would go ape if someone was using my images.

172, Tiguan

this happened to me last week after some guy used one of my pics on ebay.

It maybe a joke, but pissed me off.

If hed have asked then i wouldnt have minded.

From now on all my pics will have watermarks.

I did watermark all my photos, but that one didnt for some reason.

Anyway, thing with watermarks, they just cut them out anyway - Im gunna start putting massive ones straight through the middle!

Yup best way daz, semi transparent across the main subject is best, not enough to spoil the reason for the image, but enough to stop people from using it