ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B-G Racing Steering Wheel Quick Release Adaptor - reliable for track use?

Braveheart

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 & 172 Cup
[URL="http://www.bg-racing.co.uk/B-G%20Racing-steering-wheel-quick-release-system[/URL]"]www.bg-racing.co.uk/B-G%20Racing-steering-wheel-quick-release-system[/URL]

Does anyone have this fitted to their track/race car and can comment on its reliability, I'm looking to change to quick release to make getting in/out my track car easier as well as bring the wheel slightly closer (this adaptor brings the wheel 60mm closer) so in theory would fit the bill if I can get some reassurance that it will stand up okay to track use and not introduce an element of play into the steering.

Thanks

Last edited:

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Perfectly ok for track use. Car builder solutions do a similar item for less than half the cost

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I use one from jjc, quality seems good.
I’m sure it is the same as the motacoarsa one but half the price
The one I have

The motacoarsa one

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I have always found the ones with splines as per the 2 above tend to develop play. Only ever used lifeline splined versions though.

The CBS, NRG Innovations style etc use a series of ball bearings to locate instead of splines. As yet i havent found any issues with the ball bearing type

Braveheart

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Thanks for all the responses, after an inordinate amount of time spent researching this, decided to go with NRG 2.5 from Driftworks, hopefully will arrive tmrw and get her fitted at the weekend.

Braveheart

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Have now sold my Clio but the NRG boss was great, good solid bit of kit, needed to take gloves off to push the little quick release button to remove but that was no biggie.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve a Works Bell Rapfix2. Really high end JDM build quality and zero play at all.
Nice part of this setup is the optional lockable boss cover. I leave the wheel in the car on the seat with the lock installed. I can’t ever see anyone getting it off in a hurry.

C2770AD8-B060-4914-84C8-BF43607DE553.jpeg
CB956829-A747-492C-9F57-C0D2E599AFA0.jpeg
1AD2AD8D-832B-446B-8851-FBBA13854479.jpeg
D3C8F426-9770-4114-A96D-F6B39D804C8C.jpeg