ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chinese company trolls Apple big time.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/05/iphone-5-design-copied-patented-goophone-i5/

Memo to Samsung (005930): Now this is how you get away with copying Apple (AAPL)! GizChina reports that a Chinese manufacturer has used leaked photos of Apple’s next-generation iPhone to slap together a quick knockoff of the device called the Goophone I5 and release it before Apple has a chance to launch the genuine article later this month. What’s more, the company has actually patented the knockoff design in China and is poised to sue Apple if it launches the next-generation iPhone in China later this year.

I have to say I find it absolutely hilarious, and wonder if the leaked photos are genuine or not, if they are it could get very interesting!

Yes I do.

It got out of hand ages ago, maybe this will wake everyone up a little if it happens to be the correct design.

Some of the patents allowed now-a-days are just ridiculous.

Yes I do.

It got out of hand ages ago, maybe this will wake everyone up a little if it happens to be the correct design.

Apple will have the correct patent. This company have just wasted time and money producing yet another bad iPhone clone.

Listerine & Poledo
Even if it's released to the market before Apple do their new one, there'll be so much IP involved that it'd never sell outside of China (and eBay) anyway.

LOL at Revels though, immediately going on the attack (I guess the best defence is a good offence?)

LOL at Revels though, immediately going on the attack (I guess the best defence is a good offence?)

Lol. It's not attack. It's just blatant stupidity.

Is one of the most valuable companies on the planet going to design a phone, get it prototyped, start production, see parts get leaked and then go "Oh s**t. We probably should have patented this"

That'll be done by the design guys before anyone outside of a Cupertino basement has even seen a drawing.

Listerine & Poledo
I bought a fake Apple once, it turned out to be an Onion.

Didn't work as well in a crumble

Lol. It's not attack. It's just blatant stupidity.

Is one of the most valuable companies on the planet going to design a phone, get it prototyped, start production, see parts get leaked and then go "Oh s**t. We probably should have patented this"

That'll be done by the design guys before anyone outside of a Cupertino basement has even seen a drawing.

Don't the patents have to go live once created? Engadget always have stories about upcoming phones before they're announced based on design patents - you never see them for Apple devices so maybe they're not patented until launch?

Probably completely wrong, but still!

AFAIK patents are filed by Apple with the patent office and once done are free for anyone to read/look at.

Those guys just go through and hunt out all the Apple ones.

From their site..

Welcome to Patently Apple, a blog primarily focused on delivering the very best coverage of Apple's Intellectual Property (IP) news bi-weekly. Every Tuesday we report on Apple's Granted Patents and every Thursday we report on Apple's Patent Applications. Additionally, we cover some of Apple's legal cases under "Patently Legal," as well as report on Apple's trademark filings. To top it off, we post several special reports annually on a variety of interesting topics. If you're interested in reading quality in-depth IP reports about what the Crazy Ones in Cupertino are working on, then this is the site to bookmark.

DB.

BMW 440i
Doubt the chinese firm will be successful. I can imagine Apple having 99/100 corners covered.

The native Chinese are sub-human. I mean this genuinely. First hand experience. The average Chinaman would cut your throat right now for a dollar. Not so funny.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's s**t but iirc the Chinese don't give 2 f***s about copying things. Remember the cars in TG. It was becoming so ridiculous it was funny. They don't care.

Outside of the law of the world because their country protects them?