ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chip Tuning PowerBox anygood?

clio182
well im not sure if its a resistor one i will tell them not to buy it as its bad news but this one seems better even though its £80 ,not sure:/

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Technically it will make it faster, as his wallet will be lighter.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I have a tuning box on my 2012 megane dci aswell and when I have to take it off for service the car is painfully underpowered and laggy.
Makes a massive difference.

Done 55k with it on too.

2003 Clio 172
A diesel tuning box that plugs into the Diesel ECU and intercepts signals from there (with no doubt MORE than 2 wires) is a VERY different kettle of fish to this.

This......is horse s**t

A diesel tuning box, very different. Most certainly not the best way to tune a diesel mind you, but it still does change it and add poke.......and smoke.

J

For a 1.6 petrol 206? Don't bother. Even if it was genuine it would make next to f**k all difference anyway.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
A diesel tuning box that plugs into the Diesel ECU and intercepts signals from there (with no doubt MORE than 2 wires) is a VERY different kettle of fish to this.

This......is horse s**t

A diesel tuning box, very different. Most certainly not the best way to tune a diesel mind you, but it still does change it and add poke.......and smoke.

J

Mine doesn't smoke at all :)
But yeah your totally right. Pretty crude tbh but it's a company car so couldn't care less.

Also, TOTALLY pointless on a petrol car.
Only any good on a common rail diesel.

clio182
thanks for all the replys i just had e mail back from the seller and this is what he said

Hello,

There is a printed circuit board inside in SMD technology

should defo not buy this item then?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Tell your mate I'll give him the exact same effect on his car for £50.

He's saving £30 and getting the same product so it's win win, he'd be a fool not to take me up on this offer. Pm me for details.

bhp!!!! Torque!!! Drivability!!! Rpm!!! Fast!!!