ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chips Away - Use them on your clio?

German Barge
im thinking of maybe using chips away to sort out a fresh stone chip on the v6 (2 days after picking it up :mad:)

i have seen some pics before of a silver 172/cup which had work carried out, and it looked spot on...

has anyone used them, and if so, do you rate them...

i have heard horrors stories, hense why im a little reserved about using them.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Ive used them and rate them very highly, although it is dependent on the quality of the tech.

I am going to get them out to do my bumper... its covered in stone chips. Might even need a full respray :(

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
It all depends on WHO you get some are skillfull, some should find another job.
Chap at work had guy from our area, painting car in rain????????
Popping everywhere, rain marks need i say anymore.

He`s gutted, especially after seeing the SILVER bumper on here, now that was CLASS!

Personally now, i would go to a PROPER body shop and pay the money, my M8 is now considering getting chips guy back or taking it to body shop.

Clio v6
New car and first chip on your baby. I know how horrible it feels but be warned, you may be calling Chipsaway ten times a month. Touch it up yourself for a while then get the front sorted in Spring/Summer. You may want to consider some protection film www.paintshield.co.uk or similar company.

cock mobile.
I got a guy to do mine after my bro scrapped his car against my bumper.

Was very very happy with the work. But I guess it does depend on who you get; but it's the same at spray shops!

Cup 172
They re-did my bonnet... First time was a mess, second time not much better, third time, they fired the guy who did it and the boss did it. Absolutely spot on in the end...

Clio 172 Sport
Yeah i had a bumper scuff done on mine last week and the results are spot on and u wouldn't even know anythin was done.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
highly reccomend them sorted my 172 out last year like they say all depends on the guy whos doing it