ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris's AG200 OEM+ Project

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Well this happened yesterday!

IMG_0960.JPG

After stalking Alien Green owners over the last 12 months or so I finally took the plunge.
I was very close to buying Mossy's AG cup a few years ago but went down the 182 trophy route instead.

Needs a few bits doing to it but overall Im made up with it.

Plans are to keep it OEM+ with a bit of a mechanical overhaul & a few cosmetic touches.

Will hopefully get some better pic's sorted soon.

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

JOFM2483.JPG

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Such a great colour on the 200. Splitter and skirt things would have to go in a skip if it was mine, but lovely otherwise.
I’m on the fence at the minute.
Want a set of RS side skirts for the more OEM look but they are £350ish from Ktec

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
I remember when dream car giveaways had this car! It was one of the best cars they gave away in my opinion.
FB_IMG_1656341090172.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
When was that? Did you buy it from the winner or has it had a few more owners since? When I was looking at 200's the popular colours all seem to have had lots of owners.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
When was that? Did you buy it from the winner or has it had a few more owners since? When I was looking at 200's the popular colours all seem to have had lots of owners.
It’s had a couple since then. Think I’m 4th or 5th owner now. Will have to double check when the new logbook turns up.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Don't listen to these kiddyfiddlers. Splitter, skirts and spoiler make it look like a hot hatch, not a f**king hearing aid

"Oh but it stands out like a sore thumb, it looks chavvy"

It's a bright green Clio ffs, have a word🤣

There's a difference between it looking like a hot hatch and having plastic that stuck to it.

200 with a cup spoiler looks perfect imo.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
If I ditch the front splitter I assume I will have to get a new OEM rubber strip for the front.
Think the original has been cut to accommodate the current splitter?
Or is it usually in 2 pieces as per this

CLS, RS MEG
Ahh so that was you at the TC this Sunday 🙂 Must of missed you earlier at Coffee & Clio, but I did have a perv at your V6… simply awesome :)
E42374C8-40C3-49BF-9BAA-B87755311E9E.jpeg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I think the front looks odd without a lip, kind of a large over bite goofy look.

Mine has a trc (I think it’s called) lip, balances the protruding front bumper centre in my opinion.

22A529F5-5CBD-49B2-943D-43983224AD3C.jpeg

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Anyone know if Laguna GP alloys will fit?
Same style as Raider / R26.r but assume they are different offset?

535F4D82-F7D4-49BD-83CD-6EB3CD58408C.jpeg

might have to try a cheeky test fit in the office carpark 🤣

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
They do look smart and are a nice alternative to the Speedlines (aka mk3 turini😂). I did see a set of laguna ones for sale with some spacers that altered the pcd but I haven't been able to find such spacers for sale. I might have to see if I can get some made at work at some point.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of places sell 5x108-5x114 adaptors. Just the only thing is that they're 20mm thick 😂

I toyed with the idea of swapping my hub flanges to some 5x114.3 Megane 250 ones and swapping the rear beam to a Grand Scenic one to convert everything to run the MK3 stuff. The 197/200 you can swap the rear sub axles easily enough and just run 250 rear discs 👀

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of places sell 5x108-5x114 adaptors. Just the only thing is that they're 20mm thick 😂

I toyed with the idea of swapping my hub flanges to some 5x114.3 Megane 250 ones and swapping the rear beam to a Grand Scenic one to convert everything to run the MK3 stuff. The 197/200 you can swap the rear sub axles easily enough and just run 250 rear discs 👀
Most folk run big spacers on the mk3 anyway. Any idea what the offset is on the Laguna wheels?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
MOT ran out earlier this week.
Debating getting it done now or just SORNing for the winter.

can anyone recommend a good outdoor cover?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup

I’d been imagining in my brain this is possible, but seeing it written down means that it must be true right?