ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cinema room 90% complete

2012 WRX Waggon
just gotta get the fookin 360 fixed (ring of death) and put some cooling ans in for the ps3 cos its running mega hot with the door shut. gonna stick some acoustic panels on the walls too.

Last edited:
  Evo 6, E92 320d
Impressive, are all the speakers roof mounted, or are you getting some decent ones up front?

Formally Clio 182
Wow, thats amazing. Must be awesome for games as well.

May I ask how much the whole project costed, and do you have any photos of the development? Would be interesting to see how it got to that!

2012 WRX Waggon
yeah the speakers are all room mounted, though you position them inside the mounting there by speakercraft aim one 8", they sound great. Just need to sort a sub out.

the TV's is 52" couldn't go any bigger cos of the cabinet size (that just fitted) plus the next size up sony do is a 70" that well over 10 grand!

Nike Lunar Elite's
Looks excellent, wish I had the space to do this. Some development pics would be great ala my current ongoing house project thread.

TVs a bit small for a cinema room aint it?..

How big is the TV in your cinema room :rolleyes:

2012 WRX Waggon
room was already built in the basement for us by the builder.

they said it was a free addition, so cost is ?????? (think they normally charge about $12k)

speakers were $1600 fitted (speakercraft aim one 8's), TV $3800 (sony KDL 52XBR4), PS3 $499, xbox ????, receiver (Marantz SR500 1)$500, Cinema seats were $1700.

half it to get it into quids.

Evo 6, E92 320d
You should get one of those atmospheric kits, that try to create wind and heat effects.

Recaro Black Gold 182
That is quality, i remember reading the thread where is was just a shell, nice work. Are the lights on a dimmer switch, that would be much better. :D

really the screen needs to be alot bigger for a cinema room especially since its so much cheaper over there

how long is that end wall

2012 WRX Waggon
yeah everyone over here has projectors, and I really considered getting one - only problem was the cabinet the builders made was way too narrow to hold the screen, and I didn't want the screen pulling down infront of it if you see what i mean.

additonally we are only about 11' from the TV, so I think we might struggle with a bigger image, be like being front row at the pictures.

this is all in the basement btw.

whats wrong with it coming out of the roof ? it wouldnt need to be down all the time
use teh tv for gaming and the projector for movies and it looks like those seats can go a long way back :)

2012 WRX Waggon
really the screen needs to be alot bigger for a cinema room especially since its so much cheaper over there

about 15 foot in total.

the picture size is ideal, plus it's sony's latest LCD TV - 1080p 24fps 120hz refresh - the picture it produces is amazing, doubt I could get the same from a projector at the moment.

2012 WRX Waggon
whats wrong with it coming out of the roof ? it wouldnt need to be down all the time
use teh tv for gaming and the projector for movies and it looks like those seats can go a long way back :)

plus I was on a budget too!! The wife would have killed me if I spent all her furniture money!!

well buy a pro next year ;) you cant call it a cinema till you have a cinema screen at the mo its a bloody great tv room :p

wish i could have one though

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

about 15 foot in total.

the picture size is ideal, plus it's sony's latest LCD TV - 1080p 24fps 120hz refresh - the picture it produces is amazing, doubt I could get the same from a projector at the moment.

Definitely! Why sacrifice quality just so you can sit further away :nono:

id love to have the balls to move to america,or anywhere other than england to be honest!!!! lol

looks like an excelent set up dude!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
im not a hater its very good.

but if your going to do it do it properly.

they say for good sound speakers should be put at ear level (height)