ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic Type R

Stop using hyphens you complete scally! Go back to your Nova. You remind me of that guy off the Goonies...."Hey You Guys"!!!! :p

Quote: Originally posted by bullit on 20 February 2003

lets talk about spelling instead of the sh*t car you drive-that will detract the attention from your poor little car.have i made anymore spelling mistakes ben.sorry about not using capital letters to start a new sentance with.i cant be fecking bothered-just like i cant be bothered racing anything with a renault badge on it.no offence to anybody driving a DECENT renault(is there any?)

Hey, who said we had to race renault vs honda?

hell, if you want you can let me use your car around any named track (preferably near me as im not going to travel) and i will post substantially faster times than you. Hows that........cocky enough, enough of an arse?

Fraid its true though..............and i dont like to brag, but anything to shut you up.

simon 172 at least has some knowledge about cars.i agree the ctr is a bit watered down to previous type rs.but it is the only one readily available in the uk(excluding imports)the accord r is now old and will not be available in r version in the uk(not yet)in the new model.the old ctr was a 1.6 engine-granted it fast 0-60mph but up in the range it was not anything special.to me build quality is important aswell as performance.simon go and test drive a ctr i promise you you will not be dissapointed-by the way they are 16k not 15k-cheap compared to the much over-hyped focus aRSe-which is no faster(depending on which mag you read-or programme you watch)

Bullit, bull**it whatever, stop talking crap and giving normal Honda guys a bad name.

CTR and 172 are both great cars, horses for courses, each has pros and cons and we all choose our cars based on our own priorities.

Take it easy chaps ;)

The tegs a beauty Ben, Id totally recommend getting one - understand (as Im sure you do) that it aint all about straight line speed and the ITR is awesome, performing way way above its straight line figures would suggest. the prices are falling nicely now, some good bargains around.

Oh and if people think the CTR sounds good, thats a sowing machine compared to a teg!

indeed!

striaght line speed means little to me.....120 is enough.....as long as it the most dynamic thing about, which it is......yum.

I prefer the phase 2 headlights though....apart from that, are they the same?

and reliability, not raelly an issue as i do my own work, but, cheap ones are commin in with very high milage and might be a steal if it doent matter that much. Is 100,000 alot in them?

Ta mate

CTR EK9 turbo

i have test driven the CTR....

I love the ITR. Why on earth didnt i buy one!!!!?

I have to test drive one of these babies......Whats the insurance like?

Ben - what do you mean by phase 2 lights? uk cars have 4 round headlights, Jap imports have the rectangle ones - is that the difference you meat?

100k doesnt have to be a problem with them just make sure its history is rock solid. Most expensive thing to watch out for with them is the synchro going - its an expensive fix unless done under warranty. Also the seat bolsters tend to collapse with time. Avoid any with 17s on as it screws the handling.

Everyone will tell you to take plenty of time choosing a teg, there are plenty with lower mileages around for the right money. Later uk cars had a 9000 service interval whereas previous ones were every 6000 miles. Sounds bad but the costs arent too horrific.

Insurance is expensive, Im not sure how itd compare with a 172 or Cup, but I pay £1200 fully comp and am 31 with 1yrs NCB living in relatively safe outskirts of Bristol.

your in bristol..well near...

im in bristol!

im 21, and got quoted by diretline 1200 for the house in West sussex, not bristol.

yup, the jap lights.......nice.

yup, understand all bout the wheels etc.........well, i guess ill just have to go at it and find the right one for me...

Ta!

Not all CTR owners are like our friend bullit ;)

172 & CTR are both great cars and great value for money when it comes to performance per £.

Just thought i would ask, where are you guys getting the weight of the CTR as 1250kgs from? I can assure you its 1204kg fully laden i.e. oil/water/petrol all full, minus the driver. Mine being an import it comes with the COC which details every single technical description and legal requirement of the car for import reasons and states 1204kg ;) Thats makes 163bhp/ton lads :D

Have u raced a 172 Cup yet mate - with 181BHP/Tonne and just over a tonne fully laden (mines anyway) - u might struggle, in fact I know you would.......;) thats my 5ps worth............

Just like to add, this is obviously minus the A/C as that is a dealer fit option, but ive been told that only weighs in at about 20kg at most.

Thats one thing about the CTR i dong like, the noise. The exhaust seems pretty restrictive and was dissapointing considering the great noise ITRs make. Is it Devil who brought out the first system?

Anyway, my overall opinion of the CTR is nice gearbox, good performance and good handling but i just prefer the 172 in the looks, handling and performance useability stakes. Id still say the CTR is defintely worthy of the Type R name though!

-Rob

The cup sounds fantastic up the rev range - no need for an aftermarket one - thatll be the sound deadining removed.

The Honda does when its reving to 9k!!! Myself I quite like the Civics.... build quality and reliablity is much better than the renault.....