ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned my 2.0 16v Badges

Monaco 172 2/468
Thanks for people helping me with how to remove these lol I am useless !

Ok, so i've cleaned them best as I could, btw these are plastic, I have heard some are metal ??

Anyway, cleaned the crap off with soap & water, then used AG Tar remover, first with a cloth, then a toothbrush to get in the gaps. Didn't seem perfect yet lol so got bored and tried other suggestions such as claying, and Scratch-x.... not much improvement really

Here are pics of what they look like now, much improved, but as you'll see, still black spots and a few marks etc, can these be removed, or shall I just stop being a fag and be happy with them ??

Cheers :D

Attachments

• Clio Badge 1.jpg
    Clio Badge 1.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Clio Badge 2.jpg
    Clio Badge 2.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Clio Badge 3.jpg
    Clio Badge 3.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 114

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Thats exactly how mine went on my 172 , i cleaned em with autoglym metal polish . Now on my 182 i just wax em , hopefully they won't go the same with as the 172's .

those black dots look like stone chips to me - they look good enough though - only way of getting them better is either to paint them or replace them. Middo on here will paint them for you any colour you like and does a top job

A4 Avant & A3
mine have the blacks spots on too.... in need of a clean..
The wheels are another story!!! got loads of black spots.. tar?? or whatever it is, doesn't wanna move & gets worse & worse :-(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
timsclio172 said:
those black dots look like stone chips to me - they look good enough though - only way of getting them better is either to paint them or replace them. Middo on here will paint them for you any colour you like and does a top job

The black dots i had on mine weren't stone chips ( looked like ibanzemans ) , it was more like the coating had bubbled .

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd really like to get the raised section of the 2.0 badges paint in black gold with the rest left in the silver plastic. I know I'm nowhere near good enough to do it myself, though!

D.

Golf R/Leon FR
i know they arent metal but i used autosol on mine and they came up a treat got rid of all the marks and spots off them

Nippy white cup
My badges have small bubles and defo have bits of rust on them...look a right mess...have to get them sprayed at somepoint

chris

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Darren S said:
I'd really like to get the raised section of the 2.0 badges paint in black gold with the rest left in the silver plastic. I know I'm nowhere near good enough to do it myself, though!

D.

What about painting the badges in black gold and leaving the raised bits silver ? It would probably easier to do as well .

D

dick

Darren S said:

D.

ive done it on my 1.2

sprayed um silver, waited a week for it to proppa dry, masked it all off, cut out the 16v bits, sprayed, il get pics in a bit

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Badges look spot on mate . Bet it was a bit fiddly cutting out the 16v .

D

dick

ive know idea why they look that colour, ther nothing like that colour, ther actually rover gunmetal grey to match me anthacite wheels

:s wierd

D

dick

would be harder as well with the 2.0 16v as well, smaller innit,

could just get a little paint brush n brush it on?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
With the 172/182 i think i would spray them dark first , let them dry ,then spray the lighter colour of the top and just wipe the lighter colour off the raised bits .

Chocolate Bar™
timsclio172 said:

cheers mate :) yeah if anyone wants em doing pm me!