ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned the ly and tried on some new shoes ;)

Ly Megane 230 F1
Decided to use my proper camera for once and take some photos once i had cleaned the car,decided to go on a wee trip to take some photos to.
Car was treated to the below :)
( car never gets a chance to get dirty,usually washed and waxed atleast 2/3 times a month)
Pressure washed to remove most of the dirt..since the car is waxed often pressure washing alone removes a very high % of the dirt.
Washed with DJ sour power and DJ wash mitt
Usual areas that have a build of of tar and oil contaminates were attacked with DJ Tar and traffic film remover
Poor boys white diamond glaze was applied ( to body and wheels )
Poor boys paste wax was applied ( to body and wheels )
Tyres were treated with Gtechniq T1

I need to buy some new products..im missing my Dodo Juice wax! :(

Anyway..the pics..

P1000555.gif
P1000557.gif
P1000561.gif
P1000563.gif

P1000564.gif
P1000571.gif
P1000572.gif
P1000574.gif

Now the new shoes :p.... I dont particularly like them on the car at the moment as im not keen on them silver. This will hopefully be changed by the end off next week :D

P1000586.gif
P1000599.gif

I have also finally orderd some LED sidelights,LED number plate light,Silver vision indicator bulbs and flat wiper blades :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Was gonna say exact same thing as you (not Christopher). Silver wheels don't suit the LY I think. Really tidy car though but I'd get the wheels done in a darker colour.

Last edited:
  Ly Megane 230 F1
i agree that they look better with a lowered car but i dont want to touch the handling side of the car until i can afford a suspension kit that will be better than standard and no handle like a boat :) haha.

thanks for the comments... the wheels will be re-done in a darker colour verrryyy soon.

Ly Megane 230 F1
i think the silver would look better if i didnt colour match the badge and bullets to the 182 cup alloy colour.

Turbo LY R27
Just get sportlines or prolines, rear ARB and camber bolts mate. Pretty cheap setup and much improved! Still soaks up bumps and comfy, i love it on my 182, cracking for track as well. imo only a coilover like KW or bilstein can beat it. :)

Ly Megane 230 F1
i looked into that and for the price of springs,arb,bolts im just aswell saving the extra £150/200 and getting good adjustable coilovers and dampening :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I'd get them refurbed in silver and go back to standard bullets and badges. Looks really clean!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely. Just needs some lows now ;)

A freind of mine has got trophy turini's on his and I think they look slightly better imo.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
wow, looks a million times better silver.

I never thought i'd say this, but don't get em done darker, silver does look mint!

Ly Megane 230 F1
I'm really surprised at the interest of them been silver...I have always thought LY look better with darker wheels

Ly Megane 230 F1
I know the originall ones would look better... But at the moment they are going a darker colour till I can afford a full professional refurb :)

Ly Megane 230 F1
At the moment silver doesnt do it for me.. its not the kind of look im wanting to go for, i seen a LY on here with black turinis and IMO it looked really good.

Astra gsi turbo
my mate txt me today saying the boy with the ly has fitted silver wheels. he looks at it every time he crosses the bridge