ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned the Mini

Tangoed Works
The car was absolutely filthy and needed a top up on the wax so gave it a full wash this afternoon. Gone for minimal protection whilst the weather is good. Quick coat of poorboys blackhole and one coat of EGP.

Unfortunately the pics are not all that due to them being taken with an Iphone, damn this phone is so overrated, my old 3.2mp ericcson was definately something to write home about in comparision.

Will try and get some with the slr later.

65bMarketstreetsurvey005.jpg

65bMarketstreetsurvey004.jpg

65bMarketstreetsurvey002.jpg

65bMarketstreetsurvey006.jpg

65bMarketstreetsurvey001.jpg

65bMarketstreetsurvey007.jpg

think its come out well. the shine is very deep.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
God! - they'd be able to see you coming lol :)... Am liking it though tbh :approve:.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Love it.

Can you tint the headlights from the inside a la Mitsi Evo?? Will look a lot meaner!

Tangoed Works
Love it.

Can you tint the headlights from the inside a la Mitsi Evo?? Will look a lot meaner!

yeah you can although it involves sticking your headlights in the oven to melt the glue, spraying inside and then gluing back together again!! i know i would make a right dogs dinner of it.

definately going to get the headlight rings cc'd to the car, mabye see if the body shop will also try and do the tinting inside for me as well.

may even just go all out and change them for the facelift ones with the projection ball as this would look even meaner.

Never above 25mpg
Oooft not a fan of the colour scheme and would prefer it with the plate in the proper place ;)

Saw 5 Minis today! Too popular :D

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
werent yuou getting those american reflectors on the arches?

looks nice BTW

Tangoed Works
werent yuou getting those american reflectors on the arches?

looks nice BTW

i got rid of them because i thought with the wheels and the mirrors there would be too much orange.

with the mesh, it isnt actually mesh but a crappy decal that mini use there. some people have cut out that section, but then you can see all the exhaust boxes etc and it will look even worse.

will probably get some black mesh style stickers to replace these dodgy gold things.

Tangoed Works
yeah normal tyres are awesome. it was verging on back braking before with 18" runflats. need to replace the front two soon, debating whether to get the toyos again which to be fair have been very good, or be a brand ***** and go for pe2's. I dont know if they are worth twice the money thats the thing.

It's very different that's for sure. I quite like it:) imo it needs some centre caps for the wheels. I'd maybe extend the orange theme to the front & back of it (might look too OTT though)

Turbos.
Looks a lot better in the SLR photos rather than the iPhone ones! Personal preference would have been a more intense shade of orange though...

Might be cool if you got the lower control arms powder coated the same colour. If i remember you can see them from the rear of the car.

Tangoed Works
Looks a lot better in the SLR photos rather than the iPhone ones! Personal preference would have been a more intense shade of orange though...

Might be cool if you got the lower control arms powder coated the same colour. If i remember you can see them from the rear of the car.

the orange is the same colour code as the gt3 rs. it is hard to take a photo of it. it looks very wet and glossy in real life. a bit like the orange equivalent of racing blue... hard to reproduce accurately on camera.

Tangoed Works
It's very different that's for sure. I quite like it:) imo it needs some centre caps for the wheels. I'd maybe extend the orange theme to the front & back of it (might look too OTT though)

was going to go for a shelby stripe but thought it would be too much on the R53 as it is smaller than the R56. just going for the gt3 rs style lettering on the bottom soon.

the rear arms arent visible on the r53, but are on the r56. will probably get adjustable ones in the future so the camber can be set more accurately.