ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gave my ph1 it's first proper clean

15MAS

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 & 911 turbo
I decided to give the new car a proper wash and protection.

started by wet and dry sanding the headlights. Big improvement when finished.
imagejpg1_zps3530303c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Then a two bucket wash using meguiars shampoo, some g101 apc on the nooks and crannies. Had algae growing around the window seals!
imagejpg7_zps75d6aca0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This included a soak in snow foam with traffic film remover, auto finesse iron out on the wheels and lower panels.
imagejpg3_zps4073fb88.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The plates off to clay and then polish with meguiars compound
imagejpg5_zps7444935a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
After polishing, wiped down with alcohol mixed with distilled water, ready to seal with two coats of wolfs hard body nano sealant which I have found works well on my other cars, even after a year. Topped up some panels with Swissvax Zuffenhausen carnauba wax I have had lying round, gives lovely deep shine even on silver. Meguiars gel on the tyres, AF revive on the black plastic trim to restore the fading.
imagejpg6_zpsba518d34.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The number plate light had gone yellow, used wet and dry then polished with Dremel to restore clarity. Rear boot latch back to black.
imagejpg9_zps8cbef865.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Nice to find it has a full stainless steel system not just a back box, think its a ktec stealth. Gave it a wipe down.
imagejpg11_zps96d579fa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
the car has been clearly cared for, underneath has plenty of underseal, the boot lid cavity, behind the lights, wheel arches have waxed protection, only sign on rust is a bubble inside the fuel filler cap.
All done and looking really good for a 14 year old French car!
imagejpg8_zpsb1598253.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]