ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Dirty / Skanky Seat Belts - Clio 182

Clio RS 182
Being new to the Clio 182 ownership club - thought I'd post some things as I go along cleaning / improving / maintaining etc my 2004/04 Clio 182. I know much of what I'll be saying has been said before on other posts/threads, but, it's 'recent' / relevant stuff, and my own experiences of owning this fun little car!

One of the first things I noticed when I bought the car recently were the grim looking seatbelts!

Great when clean but disgusting when caked in 10 years worth of crud / dirt and all that stuff.
Tackled this little job today - here's how.....
Went to Lidl and bought some multi purpose cleaning cloths, some W5 multi-purpose cleaner, and some soft 'classic' Dentalux toothbrushes! Cost about £2.50. If you got similar stuff at home, no need to buy it.
I wet the cloth nicely with the cleaner and soaked the seatbelts, then went over with the toothbrush dipping into more of the cleaner as I went - got it nice and soapy and was thorough - it took me about 15 mins per each front seatbelt, but the tedious hard graft is worth the results in the end!
Wiped off with clean hot water and dried with another cloth and some kitchen roll.
I then wrapped the drivers belt around the steering wheel to help with drying.
With the passenger belt.....I advise you to turn car engine on with heating right up going full chat and get a mate or family member to sit inside all night until seatbelt is dry! (Only joking!!).....with the passenger one.....I extended it and wrapped it round the gear lever.
Great results! Very happy! Another job done!

I removed them all together, fully extended them, used some sandwich bag type clips which are the same width as the belts and clamps them so they dont retract again, I used vanish and some autoglym interior cleaner and an autoglym seat cleaning pad thing and left to dry in the sun.

Good as new!