ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Issues - 02 Reg 172 Sport

Clio 172
Ok ... So having done a 200 mile trip today my climate control has started playing games on me ... Firstly when i now press Auto the AC light no longer comes on. The hot air comes out of the fans then every so often goes cold. Upon getting into the drive tonight the temp sensor (external) reads 49 degrees... Im no expert but i dont think its that warm

Any ideas and a quick fix?

Thanks Tom

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
AC light shouldn't come on when you press "auto" anyway (unless it's really hot day, or you have it set on min)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well AC means the air con is on, and it shouldn't come on when it's a cold day and your trying to warm the car, for obvious reasons.

Clio 172
Just spat my drink out lol.

Well please correct me if i am wrong, but I run a pub which has no central heating... Instead we have wall mounted air conditioning units ... you then adjust the temp and the airconditioning unit heats up the pub - i had just assumed the clio was the same - might be barking completely up the wrong tree!

LY 182
Just spat my drink out lol.
it does... air conditioning is a chemical reaction.. the aircon condensor (which is bolted infront of the radiator) gets red hot very quick with the a/c on...

that warms the rad up faster than it would on its own.. its not as silly as it sounds.