ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 1.2/1.4 SPI INDUCTION KIT

if any one is interested in the kit phone the guys at hillpower 01530 273633

well chuffed with the result!!

think next im gonna get an exhaust to compliment the mass of cold air im getting now!

FRST and 106 GTi

It seems to be very good.

about the gains hum... are they really that good?!? hum... need to see them on a power run rr graphic.

yer i dont think much can be gained from a 1.4 maybe pull through the gears better at lower Revs.

but nways im interested if the price is right ;) im guessing it dont come cheap :p

y dont they make it so the air filters at the front of the car instead at the back?

looks mint though but i reckon its gonna cost something like £100+

FRST and 106 GTi

I only would be interested on the kit that bolts to the SPI. The tubes and filter I can get for free.

quote:

y dont they make it so the air filters at the front of the car instead at the back?

looks mint though but i reckon its gonna cost something like £100+

there are to many water cooling hoses at the front of the car for them to use the heatshielding thats why they chose the rear. it comes with two huge ducks from the from of the car. loads o cold air.

dunno how much he will charge phone the guy he is well aproachable and i think he will be excited if ppl are interested.

i love the kit. i had a K&N before wich was crap. then the old hillpower kit wich was ok but wasnt that much improvement.

this new kit i have noticed an incredible clime in throttle responce also the car pull alot better through the range.

plus its a gorgeous roar you get

not some noise that sounds like your manifold gone. thats what i thought my K&N sounded like?

Skoda Fabia vRS

finally !!!!!!!!!

i always wanted to make something like that on my 1.4RT engine, never got around to it though

looks superb..........how much is it ?

Phone hillpower onn 01530 273633

they do cliosport discount. dont know how much the kit will cost i got it at £100 but mines was the prototype so dunno phone and see!!!

172 M69 eater

bout time!! i h ad a word with nick bout this bout 6 weeks ago and he sed he was gonna try somethin different for the rt soon, ill have to give him abell and get my hands on one!!

A slow one :-(

My IK sits in the same sort of place on my clio!

Id be interested in summit like that cos its got no cold air feeds!

Mind you for a £100 i might consider gettin a few vents put in the bonnet to get some extra cold air to the IK

172 M69 eater

dont think hes gonna b workin today being easter sunday and all, prob ring him tuesday!

patty

yeah sorted. im fancying getting a vent to it some how sort of like what nick has done witht his 1.6 with a 19 vent just to get that little more colder hee hee but great kit!

172 M69 eater

no mate hes not workin today!!!

hopefully hell reply to my email tommorrow if not ill ring him!!

patty

172 M69 eater

the only thing is mate, this filter is for the mark one, and thats a mark 2 filter, yours isnt compatible with the car for which the top kit is designed for

patty

To be honest, on this engine, it will still not be as effective as just buying a valver bonnet, in terms of cold air, and using an induction kit with that. unless of course you dont like valver bonnets.

it is useful in some respect i.e. you dont have to use the IK that is made for this engine from people like k&n that sits above the tb, but other than that it seems like just a standard relocation kit. is the cone included then? what is it made out of? looks like metal so im guess it uses metal gauze then foam?

i think it is still a great kit had it well over a week now and its don over 800 miles with me going homw to scotland and back. now its really opening up and giving me a great roar and good pull at the lower range!!!

look i got a 1.2 rn mk1 clio ad my enigine layout totally different to those in pics shown a bove cud some tell me which IK wud be best for me cheers sorry to hijack thread

Williams Clio

Just incase anyone is still intrested i rang up hill power a few days ago and asked about this new induction kit. Its all yours for £130 + VAT if i remember correctly. Also it seems that it could still do with a few cold air feeds to get better performance gains from it. It seems like a good kit though and i will definately be considering it in the future just got to find some way of getting some good cold air to it.

Williams Clio

Yeah it is quite expensive compared to most induction kits of that type, he said most of the price was in the polished fixing bracket that attaches the hose to the throttle body

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

not really that much when you apy 200 for a viper with just an air feed pipe. Dont forget your getting the adaptor silcon hoses and polished pipe work.

£130 + Vat i would be half tempted if the insurance wouldnt screw me over.

i reckon with the right cold air feed, its would be the dogs b*llox of a kit.

hi there people!!!!

just found this my old plug for the kit!!!

just to let u all know its fcukin great now i got some real good feeds to it!!!!

just fitted my new body kit( still waiting painting) but made a scoop form the right hand hole in ma bumper to a feed about as big as the viper feed straight to the filter in the casing!

ive also adjusted the possition of the heat shielding (dead easy to do as its got three setting, smart idea my hillpower)

its tops now and for some reason roars alot louder!

the price not to bad i suppose. seeing as its the only reloctaion kit for the spi i think its fair priced plus the finish and quality is great!!!

cheers ya all

al.