ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 16v airfilter

clio billabong 1.2 16v
i have a 53 plate 1.2 16v clio and im wanting to put a cone sports airfilter on im just wondering how i can do this as there just seems to be a big air filter box on the side of the engine i have seen you can buy kits that fits in its place but there like £80 odd im not wanting to spend that much is there any other ways i can put a sprts aifilter on without having to buy this kit

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I'm sure you need the adapter for it, i had an induction kit and relocation pipe on mine. Took it off though and just put on a panel filter with original airbox. Think my relocation pipe and filter are still lying in my shed...

Think the adapters are like 40£ from k-tec.

I suppose your air box looks like this?

AirFilterBox.jpg

You unscrew the two bolts, Clip the airbox off, Take the filter out, And dissconnect the air feed.

Then if you have a cone filter it has and adapter plate and the cone fits on the end, Like this:

PK208&width=700&height=525.jpg

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
here is an ancient picture of mine, waste of money to be honest...

IK.jpg

Wouldn't bother with the relocation kit myself, But for the price i paid i wouldn't want my filter off, Probably get a tiny bit of heatsoak but the slight noise it worth it.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Like I said waste of money, took it off and replaced with panel filter as i was gonna sell the car for my R26. Ended up keeping it though, great little runner!

If you want the adapter and relocation pipe I can sell you mine for cheap, I was only gonna throw it away.

(^ best sales pitch ever, lol)

Last edited:
  clio billabong 1.2 16v
Like I said waste of money, took it off and replaced with panel filter as i was gonna sell the car for my R26. Ended up keeping it though, great little runner!

If you want the adapter and relocation pipe I can sell you mine for cheap, I was only gonna throw it away.

(^ best sales pitch ever, lol)
yer depends how much your wanting for it i know it doesnt make it go faster just want it for looks and to make the engine have that grunt sound to it

clio billabong 1.2 16v
I suppose your air box looks like this?

AirFilterBox.jpg

You unscrew the two bolts, Clip the airbox off, Take the filter out, And dissconnect the air feed.

Then if you have a cone filter it has and adapter plate and the cone fits on the end, Like this:

PK208&width=700&height=525.jpg
yer mine does look like that air box sort of a silly design really