ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v extreme PROJECT- revive!

peugeot 205 Gti
Had my 1.2 16v clio extreme for 2 years now, and its had a rough two years!

- Father reversed into driver's side door, dented and wing mirror smashed. (his new vito van had a cracked brake light!)
- into a banking last year in fog on the tops of yorkshire moor's, passenger side door and wing mirror and front bumper (with some scratches down the passenger side.

2x doors 2x wing mirrors, front bumper, re-sprayed and new radiator and clutch. (oh doesn't my bank balance know about it)

Then some muppet i parked infront decided he was going to hit my car and dent my boot door and rear bumper before he pulled out!

but anyway so i've decided its time i revived the clio from its near death.
so here's my plan, help and suggestions very much invited..

already have:

- Pipercross induction (installed)
- Smoke black side indicators
- Sony xPlode headunit
- Alpine 6x9's
- Sony tweeter's
- Vibe 1000w sub
- Vibe 1000w amp (just blown replacing with 4way amp)

Plan to get:

-color coded bumpers and trim
- 172 rear bumper (mostly to replace dented one)
- 182 alloys
- lowered 40mm coilovers
- carbon fibre trim (50%done already)
- Performance exhaust (not so much noise, not sure what to get yet)
- sport grill
-sport seats
-sport steering wheel

so that's what i plan to do initially, help and suggestions very much invited..

Pictures to follow tomorrow

Should be good mate, looking forward to it! I got an extreme too! Can't drive it yet though, only sixteen haha. Hows the pipercross induction? Is it any good?

peugeot 205 Gti
Should be good mate, looking forward to it! I got an extreme too! Can't drive it yet though, only sixteen haha. Hows the pipercross induction? Is it any good?

Cheers, yeah I've seen your project benga, you've put a lot of work in considering you can't even drive it yet, bet that's frustrating. The pipercross induction is mint, I've had that for about a year now. The sound is the best, I did some shopping to pick the right one! I'll put pics on later.

Cheers, yeah I've seen your project benga, you've put a lot of work in considering you can't even drive it yet, bet that's frustrating. The pipercross induction is mint, I've had that for about a year now. The sound is the best, I did some shopping to pick the right one! I'll put pics on later.

It's a bit fustrating, but not long now anyway! ah sweet! i bought my K&N one, then found a pipercross for the same price and was like, oh, great haha. But, lesson learn't! and yeah go for it mate, would love to see it!

Listerine & Poledo
Forget the exhaust fella.
The lowering would be required to pull off the various bits of 1*2 body swapping you'll looking to do.

But, if it was my money, I'd stick it in an account and just buy a better car from a garage when insurance etc. was sensible

peugeot 205 Gti
Forget the exhaust fella.
The lowering would be required to pull off the various bits of 1*2 body swapping you'll looking to do.

But, if it was my money, I'd stick it in an account and just buy a better car from a garage when insurance etc. was sensible

Yeah I know there's only so much you can do to a 1.2 I go in the raf in a couple of months so I plan to get a new car in the future. My insurance is on business so its quite decent price, but I can never claim off it because premiums will go through the roof! Yeah I've always been unsure about an exhaust.. but I looked at the replica from a 182 I know its stupid if I bought one, but god they look good.

Listerine & Poledo
they do, but it wouldn't be right on a 1.2 :)

would sound really naff too.

good luck with your service though fella!

peugeot 205 Gti
car 2012 and other pics 009.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 010.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 011.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 012.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 013.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 014.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 015.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 018.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 020.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 021.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 022.jpgcar 2012 and other pics 023.jpg

a few pic's of how she's looking at the momment, the dent and the drop in the rear bumper getting sorted out on monday, as the guy who did it is paying for it. the boot has been stripped out and cleaned as there was some kind of oil stain on the carpet. open to any ideas and suggestions, thanks.