ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v MPG, against a DCI

Will there be THAT much difference MPG wise between these two little cars?

Want a diesel, as have just started new job and have to do a 70 mile round trip daily, most of which is motorway driving, and my 1.2 is a bit s**t on the motorway.

Put £30 in on monday, and have made the trip three times (210 miles) and my tank is completely empty. Is this real? Bear in mind I very very rarely boot the car unless someone pisses me off...

Ta muchly

MCS R56
The diesel will hump the 1.2 on MPG. They ain't the best off the mark but are much better in gear than 1.2's. You can remap the diesel too.

F56 MINI Cooper S
210 miles on a tank seems low.

Must say though, I do about 75-80 mile trip a day, so bought a fezza ZS lol

Yeah your right saying it costs me £45 to fill up to the brim. However after only putting £35 in and getting the above results I wouldnt be much better off even with an extra tenner...

Being sluggish doesnt really matter, I just enjoy a car that feels like its going somewhere rather than just being sluggish and feeling off the pace, but yeah doesnt really matter.

Ta

Clio 182 Trophy
I have an 08-reg dCi 65 Clio Campus as a work car and it's awesome. A much better drive than the 1.2 8v I had before it, and yet it's returned 59.7 mpg over its 85k miles. Feels like it'll do three times that mileage no trouble too.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
yeah, so a full tank would do the said trip 5 times

Stop complicating things, heathen.

Full tank in a 1.2 = 330 miles ish
Full tank in a dci = 650-700 miles.

What's the cost difference? A tenner. So you're getting an extra 350ish miles for £10. Do the maths, sherlock.

F56 MINI Cooper S
I used to get 390/400 miles from my 1.2, from a full tank costing me between 40-50quid. Petrol light never came on either in my two years of ownership

OK cool, thanks guys, I think you have all made my decision for me.

Now then, how much would my car sell for? 1.2 16v, 30k on the clocks, no stamps (always serviced by me) pretty good nick on the outside, couple of dings on the passenger, and interior is spotless...

Just estimations guys, no arguing :)

megane gt dci 150
ive heard the dCi 80 or even the dCi 100 is better on fuel, because your not "building it up" to over take etc.

my dCi 80 does 600 miles to £50 and thats mainly around town. its currently averaging 56.9 mpg around town lol.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
in my experience (ive had both) the 1.2 16v is a proper slow boring car, mpg isnt that great around town, stop start, long runs about 45mpg. dci 65 is awesome, not to slow, great up hills and will do 50mpg anywhere, ive had 70mpg over 50miles in the mrs 65

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
theres an 02 plate dci dynamique 65 on autotrader i saw a few nights ago, think it was £1400 did have 130,000 miles on though, saying that my mrs one has done 120k and its mint.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
wear and tear i tell the, saying that it did actualy brake down the other day, 1 of the cells in the battery had died, mrs was crying when i came to the rescue, got it started and drove it to work and fitted a nice motrio battery 600amp for £39

1.5dci
You're forgetting it doesn't cost £30 to fill a 1.2 tank, it costs about £40.

:-s how big is a 1.2 tank i always assumed it'd be the same 10gallons that the dci's got

anyways my 65 gets 650-700 miles a tank easy, reasonably heavy driving, i always forget and accelerate heavy to the speed limit and then remember and back off, also 70+ in 4th sounds quite nice....

Toyota MR2
i put 20 quid in my 1.2 2 days ago, i've done 110 miles and the lights on :( 40mpg! there terrible. but i only do 4000miles a year so not really bothered.

i put 20 quid in my 1.2 2 days ago, i've done 110 miles and the lights on :( 40mpg! there terrible. but i only do 4000miles a year so not really bothered.

Thats not great, I get 140 miles to £20 round town in my Panda 100hp and that includes the odd spank..

Ibiza FR Edition
In the book my 1.2 16v says the tank is about 50 litres, I get about 45 mpg commuting 10 mostly motorway miles to work, on a long run I've got as good as 53! Was going pretty slow though because of traffic. And my cars done 85k so I'm fairly pleased with that.

The 1.2 16v is great for mpg if it's driven properly, often people drive them hard and expect them to still return good figures!!? One we had the long term average was 44mpg which is very good. If you go over 70mph the mpg drops a lot as the engine is being worked relatively harder, but between 60 and 70 you can expect around 50mpg or so which is not bad at all. It will never beat a diesel but anything over 40mpg I consider pretty good!

The DCi is exceptional so will obviously be a lot better, but I wouldn't get a 65, go for an 80.

1.5dci
I agree with the above, reset my trip yesterday, went from high 60's to mid 60's, then driving back country lanes dropped to high 50's then when down another 1mpg just driving to work this morning as i had to stop at 2 roundabouts and a set of traffic lights... It all depends on how you drive it, could have stuck in the high 60's if i didn't speed up to the max speed limit, wouldn't have dropped more if i wasn't trying to keep up with others on the way back from the meet last night, and wouldn't' have dropped this morning if i didn't pull away with such a heavy right foot every time i stop! But i think it's something about the car, always pulled away nice and slowly in my old fiesta, the clio seems to just want to go for it though, can't stop going full out, probs a good reason to never get a more powerful car

Stop complicating things, heathen.

Full tank in a 1.2 = 330 miles ish

Full tank in a dci = 650-700 miles.

What's the cost difference? A tenner. So you're getting an extra 350ish miles for £10. Do the maths, sherlock.

LOL! You're kidding right? You get much much more if you drive normally, not razzing it everywhere! The 1.2s are economical, may not be as economical as a diseasel, of course.

If you want mileage, buy one. But if you're going to remap them, like some of the numpties in the "1000 bhp from my remapped DCI!!!!!!" thread, stick with the 1.2.