ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique 'sports' suspension

clio 1.2 dynamique
How much lower than 'standard' is the dynamique suspension set-up?

Cheers

Got a broken rear spring and need to get the right sort of replacement.

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
None mate, looks like you fell for the 'sports suspension' crap like i did haha!

The diesels and 1.4's and 1.6's have uprated suspension due to a heavier engine.

Da

Less
None, it's probably a little firmer, if anything.

Any 1.2 rear spring will do, providing it's from a Mk2 Clio. :)

mine snapped last week

swapped the rear ones with the suspension from a 1.4 dynamique- there is no diference

clio 1.2 dynamique
got a set cheap off a m8 that are supposed to be 60mm drop. not allowed to mod with my insurance. do you think it ll notice? if i put them on?

clio 1.2 dynamique
pics will be good thanks.

bummer, need to get kois but he's in ayr and im in somerset!

maybe a trip to the local scrapper then? local motor factors want 41 + vat for one spring!!!

what year range will be compatible?

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 dynamique
that looks the dogs :)

how difficult to change over the back just to see what it looks like, maybe they're not 60mm or maybe mine wont sit so low, who knows?

clio 1.2 dynamique
so jack up on rear jacking point til suspension fully extended and then remove? without a spring compressor? do i need to release the damper?

clio 1.2 dynamique
before

IMG_2062.jpg

clio 1.2 dynamique
they have quoted me now, £314 extra (on top of £2100) for lowered suspension so fitting the fronts tonight, will post pics when done.