ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 dynamique...

renault clio 1.6 rsi
just a pic of the car

clio.jpg

i will put some more on when is clean and stuff

renault clio 1.6 rsi
THTS just for starters ill be adding pics as i do things and pics of the car when ive done the stuff
it will be a log in a few days
they are only minor things but she will still be worth showing a bit like
:D

renault clio 1.6 rsi
these are basicaly a combi of before and during pics. i have put a couple of minor things on so far and have yet to do the bigger things.
so far, new steering wheel cover, new pedals, new gear knob and home made gaitor lol and a new stereo.

Photo0069.gif

Photo0070.gif

Photo0071.gif

Photo0072.gif

Photo0073.gif

Photo0074.gif

i intend to replace all the engine hosing with new lightblue hosing, give the engine a good thorough clean, spray the currently removed plastic engine cover to match the new hosing, have a decent air induction kit fitted.
this coming week i will be puttin a sport badge on the back and a 16v badge on the back (dont actually have a sport car but she is 16valver)just think the sport badges look good. later in the month im havin a new alarm fitted with a remote start feature and wanna have the alloys taken off and reapired then painted. i hope to get the windows tinted but tht depends on ppls opinions of tinting in general.
also my boyfriend is fitting a reali nice set of xenon bulbs and fixing my lower foggers coz for some reason they dont work.

ill keep ya posted with pics as and wen i need to
:D

BMW E92/Audi S3
I've seen a V6 badge on a mondeo with wheel trims before. Fooled me tbh.

Makes all the difference. I've seen M power badges on a Corsa, I backed off thinking I was going to get owned. I didn't want to show myself up.
Badges add 490BHP iirc. Mega fast.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
lol... think its clear tht most people on this forum are just here to prove they have bick engines to compensate for things ;)
and to the ppl who sed there aint nothin wrong with wot i have done thnk you but i will go make friends some where else. just wanted to find somewhere/one tht would take interest in wot i am doing not take the piss
:S

Charged Superleggera
dont take notice of some people on here. i like what you are doing tbh. its your car and its up to you to do what you want. i had a sport badge on my car for a while despite people taking the piss because its what i wanted to do so i did it.

Clio 182FF
Ahhh my first Clio was just like yours (minus the mods!). I love that colour, wish I never got rid of it. :)

renault clio 1.6 rsi
cheers dude... lol you wouldnt believe the bother ive had since i got her a week ago. you wish youd never got rid of it... i wish id never bought it.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
i intend to do some performance things eventually just dont see the point atm gotta get used to her as she is atm. then wen i start getting some more money i can put more into her but i dont see the point in spending a fortune on performance when this country has an absolutely un-neccesary top speed limit of 70 M's per H lol.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
so thnx firas and shadowsun i will stay just for those nice comment if the bum holes but out so to speak. many thnx you 2 :D

Clio 182FF
Haha I can't remember my old reg number, I think it was AU52 CPF but I had it from new (was a 1.2 Clio Extreme) and within the first 6 months it broke down about 7-8 times. One time (at band camp) all the electrics stopped working IN THE RAIN. Had to drive home in a thunderstorm with the window stuck halfway down doing sodding hand signals to indicate while getting soaked. A week later the computer failed and they had to replace it.

I loved that car...

I really would love to know where it is now and I would so buy it back LOL. Passion!

I agree though, do what you want to do - it's your car and as the car gets older your tastes may change. I try to make it so my mods are revearsable later if I have a change of heart.

Also, the best performance mod for my 1.2 I've found is nearly let it run out of petrol - it's fast as hell when it's almost empty :D

Last edited:
i intend to do some performance things eventually just dont see the point atm gotta get used to her as she is atm. then wen i start getting some more money i can put more into her but i dont see the point in spending a fortune on performance when this country has an absolutely un-neccesary top speed limit of 70 M's per H lol.

Performance mods are pointless on a 1.2, won't make any difference. Better off spending your money on gettin it looking good, and I have a 1.2 so no I don't have a big engine to make up for anything ;).

renault clio 1.6 rsi
true i dont mean major things. just fancy a decent exhaust and a decent air induction kit but there in lies a problem coz it seems they are akward to fit and a clio in comparison with corsa or peugeot. lol. so untill i figure tht one out im leavin it be

Charged Superleggera
best performance mod you could do is buy a k tec exhaust system, which is what i ended up doing. when my mate had it on his car you could tell his was alot quicker although it was still a 1.2 and since buying it off him i have defo noticed a difference. as for an induction kit you would need to buy an adapter plate and then you would be able to use any induction kit. got my adapter plate for £7 from a guy on here so keep your eye open in the for sale section and im sure one will pop up soon. keep the good work up :)

BMW E92/Audi S3
We're all fags tbh.
Mine's a dinky 1.4 16v, nothing compared to these 2.0 16v bods. Hey, at least we have cars..?

what head unit is that you have in there?

i have a big something to make up for my small engine lol, 1.2 all the way, and true the "almost out of fuel" mod is the best one out....cheap aswell.

Good luck with the mods, looking forward to the progress;) although that chinese rug on ur steering wheel aint doing my eyes much good:dead:

Covered in bird s**t
Haha I can't remember my old reg number, I think it was AU52 CPF but I had it from new (was a 1.2 Clio Extreme) and within the first 6 months it broke down about 7-8 times. One time (at band camp) all the electrics stopped working IN THE RAIN. Had to drive home in a thunderstorm with the window stuck halfway down doing sodding hand signals to indicate while getting soaked. A week later the computer failed and they had to replace it.

I loved that car...

I really would love to know where it is now and I would so buy it back LOL. Passion!

I agree though, do what you want to do - it's your car and as the car gets older your tastes may change. I try to make it so my mods are revearsable later if I have a change of heart.

Also, the best performance mod for my 1.2 I've found is nearly let it run out of petrol - it's fast as hell when it's almost empty :D

Kinda agree on the petrol thing. I used to always have half to 3/4 fuel in mine. Now I run it till it's near empty and it feels a wee bit more lively:cool:. Think the new k-tec stealth helps a tiny bit too.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
had an independant mechanic look at my car today coz i was worried somethin may be wrong with it being an ex write off. wen he had a look the engine warning light came on and then started flashing, he proceeded to do this wierd thing with the multifunction button on the right stalk and the ingnition and found a few things or more tbh

1. air flow sensor, fucked
2. lambda sensor, fucked
3. coil packs and leads, need replacing
4. sparks, need replacing
5. engine, needs to be flushed
6. rocker cover gasket, isnt there so inadvertantly needs replacing
7. left from front engine mount, needs replacing

so im having fun. these things are wot the garage say they can fix for free under warantee but im still not happy they sold me a car not worth the metal its made from. but i suppose when these things are all fixed she may run better and she will actuallly be worth something lol

renault clio 1.6 rsi
i have sed it once and ill say it a gain im NOT a girl im a guy ffs. i was not told it was a write off and it was cat d which is least serious even tho it was a front end bump. everything else on the car is sound as a pound but the engine is a right pain in the arse. but if it gets fixed and stays tht way im happt till i get my next car
thnx

vauxhall corsa vxr
imo lose the wheel cover and modify when its fixed will look good with few subtle mods keep up the good work and keep us posted

i have sed it once and ill say it a gain im NOT a girl im a guy ffs. i was not told it was a write off and it was cat d which is least serious even tho it was a front end bump. everything else on the car is sound as a pound but the engine is a right pain in the arse. but if it gets fixed and stays tht way im happt till i get my next car
thnx

:lolup: f**k me thats my bad mate, i apologise bro, dude, guy .... seriously thought that, wasnt being a cnut :clown: good luck with it mate and keep us posted.

renault clio 1.6 rsi
car got towed to the garage today for the neccesary mods as listed a few posts up, all i have to do is put a couple things back on when i get her back. im gonna put a couple of pics on later of the engine before and the things i have here that can be photo-ed didnt want the garage to see tht engine cover coz they are a bunch of t***s and will probs knack it or take the piss. also took the cd player out coz i wouldnt put it past then for it to mysteriously disappear. lol. watch this space.
also thought you might like to know im looking at gettin some after market skirts and a small spoiler along with some nicer wheels.

Charged Superleggera
car got towed to the garage today for the neccesary mods as listed a few posts up, all i have to do is put a couple things back on when i get her back. im gonna put a couple of pics on later of the engine before and the things i have here that can be photo-ed didnt want the garage to see tht engine cover coz they are a bunch of tw*ts and will probs knack it or take the piss. also took the cd player out coz i wouldnt put it past then for it to mysteriously disappear. lol. watch this space.
also thought you might like to know im looking at gettin some after market skirts and a small spoiler along with some nicer wheels.

good plans so far mate. i woudl recommend you get the replica side skirt as its subtle and looks nice. as for wheels i would recommend some speedline turini's in 16". they look like this

StAndrewsDirtyClioJan09001.jpg

Mate before you make your car look live youve spunked all over it then driven through halfords with sport badges and all sorts getting stuck to it i would sort the engine out, Which i presume is your intentions. Good job its under warranty !

No point having a sport badge on the back because most people will laugh, But if you insist.

Popular mods on here are Colour coding, RS sport grille at the front, Silvervisions (chrome indicator bulbs to get rid of the orange look), lowering and smart alloys.

Got any more plans for the car?

Yozz'd up 182
I think it all sounds good. Maybe even a cup spolier if your looking at a spoiler?
Just dont put the sport badge on it i think. im making a rep but wont put the sport badges on as i wouldnt want to fuel the rumours, "my corsa owned a 1*2".