ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2, starting problem

Hi, i had a friend come round on the weekend trying to fit a head unit for me, basically he wired a positive wire off my lock button for the doors, all was well and good, then 10 mins after he left, i tried blasting the music up with the ignition on but engine off, everything cut out, i tried to start the car and the serv light started to flash, also the needles on the speedo vibrated, the car wont turn over? certain things work and others dont e.g lights, heaters, all dash lights work, but other things like the headunit,windows, central locking wont work? my immobiliser light no longer flashes whilst engine is off, neither does it when i turn the key? car wont jump/bump start?

Batterys are giving out 12v and are fully charged as its a brand new one

Heres what ive tried so far.

Bump start/Jump start
Disconnect battery for a hour
New battery
Strip the headunit cable which he pinched from the lock button and put it back to normal
Taken out all plugs e.g coil leads sprayed them out with abit of WD40
Disconnect the power cable for the subwoofer
Checked all fuses interior and fuse box under the bonnet.

As i am a amateur i dont really know what could be the problem, but im thinking messing around with the lock cable has put the car into a mode where it thinks its being stolen and tripped the immobiliser as it wont start at all. im really hoping its not a ECU problem.

What steps do you think i should take next trying to to spend the least amount of money as possible as im skint lol! thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

"Strip the headunit cable which he pinched from the lock button and put it back to normal"

I done that myself, reset the battery, still nothing.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Some friend there - It's probably popped a fuse for the UCH - check the NSF dash fuse box.

Why did he take a live from the central locking button in the first place, something wrong with the one already there with a dedicated fused link for a stereo?

Mick

the wiring is s**t in my clio and there wasnt a perm already in the head unit wiring, only a ignition live, sorry im a right amatuar where is the NSF fuse box located and what is a UCH lol ?