ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Versailles - N Reg - Advice needed

MK1 Clio Versailles
Below are some photos of my 1.2 Clio Versailles, N Reg model. I originally learned to drive in a Ford Fiesta LX L Reg, back in February, and brought this around May time for £480 at the auctions.

Excellent condition when received, although slighty high mileage, as you'll see. No major problems so far, slight hole in the exhaust which I'm due to change shortly before the MOT.

I've changed the headunit from a Kenwood CD which it came with to a Tevion CD/MP3 player and changed the front speakers (which are in the airvent grill) to 200w Boschmann speakers.

Looking to install some speakers in the parcel shelf and add a sub/amp however I'm not particulary great with modding cars, and could do with some advice about how to approach doing that.

Also any advice on upgrades and mods I could make elsewhere (alloys would be a start), I'd appreciate any feedback :)

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

car7.jpg

car8.jpg

car9.jpg

car10.jpg

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
reeet, welcome!

in MY honest oppinion what i would do...

nice set of alloys
lower it
lose the tempest badges
give a good polish
nice little 3"ish zorst
nice set of car mats
spolier from a 1.8 16v clio..

erm :D

mk1 RSi
Get some 15's, lower it, take the Versailles badges and that Tempest badge off it for a start

MK1 Clio 16v
I'd be worried about those stains on the front bumper - looks like it might have overheated at some point and coolant has stained the bumper.

Happened to my valver before! Check in the engine bay for rusty coloured stains everywhere.

With regards to the car, i believe it's all been covered above! Lose the versailles badges too. Oh and clean it inside you tramp!

I'd also get a new interior if i were you... Those seats are awful and have no support!

There's a nice set from a valver for sale a the moment!

Golf R/Leon FR
get it colour coded, lowered, nice set of alloys no bigger than 16"s,

lose the stickers, nice little exhaust

and most importantly a cliosport sticker!! ;)

Striped track ****
just to give you an idea here is mine

same as yours a 1.2 8v

Pics002Medium.jpg

Pics003Medium.jpg

oh and here are the seats i have for sale

Mycar011Medium-1.jpg

Striped track ****
cheers fella getting new interior if all goes well the green rsi one door cards as well should smarten it up also on the look out for a 16v spoiler

MK1 Clio Versailles
cliokiz said:
I'd be worried about those stains on the front bumper - looks like it might have overheated at some point and coolant has stained the bumper.

Happened to my valver before! Check in the engine bay for rusty coloured stains everywhere.

With regards to the car, i believe it's all been covered above! Lose the versailles badges too. Oh and clean it inside you tramp!

I'd also get a new interior if i were you... Those seats are awful and have no support!

There's a nice set from a valver for sale a the moment!

Ok, I'll admit the photos don't show it cleaned or anything. I overheated recently, and I've not washed it yet, but don't worry it hasn't stained!

And yes, I'm a dirty tramp ;)

I love the images of that black one, looks fantastic!

Striped track ****
thats green same colour as yours lol

just highly polished and well looke after bit of tlc and the paint work comes up a treat

Glad to see you joined up Rob ;)

Not really into Clio's these days but if it was mine I'd totally debadge and de sticker it (I'd help with that if you wanted) lower it and get some 15"s :)

A nice T cut/wash wouldnt go a miss either, nice little beasty though for what you paid :)

Depends if you go for springs + shocks or just springs, on a Corsa you can get away with just springs on a -40mm drop but anything more and you'll need shocks aswell, then you'd be looking at £200 for a whole kit. For just springs you could get some for £50ish, although labour would be a few hours :p

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
lmao, "i love the black one" ITS GREEN :D:D:D:D bless..must admit it does look a tad black with all the reflections!