ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2

Clio 172
OMG shocking or what had one as courtesy car wile i got my exhaust sorted out as it was blowing from a joint and hitting heat guard

The thing rolled so much fort i was gonna be sick had it for about 2 hours going over bumps at 30 and flying in the air and going around corners thinking it was gonna roll

want a cheap day fun hire a standard 1.2 clio with standard suspension !

A Flamin' Red one
Well I loved my Dynamique. It was a huge step up from the Mk1 punto I used to drive! Saying that, it's a strange feeling being put back in the little 1.2. Try having a Twingo for a hire car! I've had one since Tuesday. You'd get more power out of a a hair dryer! The seats are like benches, the plastic used for the interior trim is s**t at best and it's got a digital speedo display - on the top centre of the dash. I hate them!

Silver Renault Clio 1.2
i personally own a clio the same style your talkin about and i cant feel the roll your talkin about (maybe its cause of my campus sport suspension :p) :S yes the car does roll but ive been in things that roll alot worse however with it jumping on bumps at 30 i know what your on about :D ive had a couple of rally styled jumps in ye ole 1.2

ST
OMG shocking or what had one as courtesy car wile i got my exhaust sorted out as it was blowing from a joint and hitting heat guard

The thing rolled so much fort i was gonna be sick had it for about 2 hours going over bumps at 30 and flying in the air and going around corners thinking it was gonna roll

want a cheap day fun hire a standard 1.2 clio with standard suspension !

I thought the same when i drove a 172...

mk2 slow. . .
i own a 1.2 01 so the same basically, cant say mine rolls that badly, yer theres a bit of roll, but what do you except, i know many other cars that roll 10x worse. As for the twingo as said bile of SH**. probabyl the worst car ive been in.

Clio 172
haha i can handle a 1.2 just saying it was shocking wile i was driving it lol was funnie tho i tryed racing a honda civic type r off the line in it but yh it was funnie anyone eva watched the top gear were the stig is driving the tractor and falls off the seat fort i was gonna do that fall off the seat that is

Never above 25mpg
What model 1.2 did you have? Fair enough with the expression, authentique or privilege but doubt a dynamique would've let you down..

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
haha i can handle a 1.2 just saying it was shocking wile i was driving it lol was funnie tho i tryed racing a honda civic type r off the line in it but yh it was funnie anyone eva watched the top gear were the stig is driving the tractor and falls off the seat fort i was gonna do that fall off the seat that is
You can't handle a keyboard though.

Clio 172
it was bog standard i mean bog standard it had a casette player steel wheels and why do people on here allways give you s**t about gramer and stuff ffs were out of school now arnt we ! who gives a s**t ! plus if you must know i didnt actually finish school for personal reasons so if you wanna say i cant handel a keyboard go ahead i dont really give two craps

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It just doesn't come across very well that when your trying to put your point across it's all in one sentence.

And in all honesty, if it was going to be anything special to drive, then it wouldn't be a courtesy car would it.

Somebody coming from an M3/RS4 would probably say the same about your car. Swings and roundabouts. If the 172 wasn't better than the 1.2, then nobody would buy it.

Clio 172
and i was just saying that it was a shocking car to drive even driven base model vauxhall astra's zafira and c2 and a ldv pilot and they didnt have that much roll also was saying if you look want some fun hire one ! =S

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
What model 1.2 did you have? Fair enough with the expression, authentique or privilege but doubt a dynamique would've let you down..

erm and care to explain why a dynamique would have less roll than an expression?!

it would have been exactly the same apart from the seats holding you better.

1.2 Dynamique
I love taking of in my 1.2 over speed bumps lol, passengers in the back don't find it as funny as i do but as long as I'm happy lol.