ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 16v engine noise

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Came back from uni this weekend, the car has been sat for a few weeks. Started the car up and there was a squeaking and clicking noise, fixed the squeak with a bit of wd 40 around the alternator belt, think it was just a pulley squeaking. But the clicking/tapping noise is still there as well as an engine management light. The noise starts as soon as i start the car and continues when its driven. I've just topped up the oil and left it running to see if the noise is still there when the engine is warm.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
it's not spluttering, it runs fine just with a dis-concerning noise. I thought it may just need a good run and the oil topping up as its been stood for a few weeks. I ran the car until it was warm and the noise continued, i hope its not an expensive noise!

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Little update... Read through loads of threads to find the issue, most people saying the tappets. The garage reckons it could be low oil pressure from being not run for 2 months, so its booked in for an oil and filter change and a pressure check next week. As for the engine management light just plugged in a code reader and the o2 sensor came up so ive cleared it and it hasn't come back so far. Hope this fixes it or ill be back for more ideas!