ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 16V...what to do

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Hi guys, Ive got a standard 2001 Mk1 Clio 1.4i 16V

So far all Ive done to the car is add 15" TSW Imolas and 195/50 Pirelli P5000 Tyres.

I have been thinking about upgrading the performance and handling of the car. Id like to do this in steps as finance is a bit of a problem.

I was thinking of an induction kit first, then a new ECU (havent decided which one yet) then a new exhaust system. Also I will be dropping the car by 40mm

What other upgrades would you guys suggest, and what sort of work, cost would be involved (also what sort of improvement would I expect, be it handling or performance)

viceroy, about the ecu...suggest you save for a dastek unichip instead of one of those replacement chips...the unichip is specifically tuned to you car and its mods so it can be re-programmed if you add anything else subsequently...more flexibility...and removable to pass on to your next car as well...

kona
www.renaultcarclub.com

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Aw come on guys...dont you consider a 1.4 worthy of performance upgrading?

What would you do to upgrade the performance of the 1.4 16V

Lionel Richie

Ported polished gas flowed head(sounds good!!!! BenR can explain!!!!) + cams + induction + dastek Unichip + exhaust + Nitros + Turbo = GOOD FUN!!!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Talk to Nick Hill at www.hillpower.co.uk
Im sure they do stuff for this unit, and they have a great reputation.

viceroy - chatted to you before about 1.4 16vers last June when I got mine (had a 1.4 16v Alize 3dr). Just swapped it for a 172 and the difference is immense. Rather than spending a load on making it a bit better, if there is any way you can manage it, go straight for a 172.

Not knocking your car at all, I loved my 1.4, but it seemed a small price to pay to upgrade to the 172 compared to what I would have had to spend to get even a fraction of the 172s performance out of the 1.4 (if ya see what I mean!)

Rhys

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Not a chance I could afford a 172.

If I sold my 1.4 now, Id not even get my deposit back, then there the cost of refinancing (and in SA that means an interest rate of not less that 13.5%) and on a car that costs twice what I paid for mine, and then the insurance would be more than I pay monthly for the car now...a 172 is only a dream for me currently (and Im a decently paid MS & Java web developer)