ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1,4 and 1,6 16v induction manifolds.

182 cup pack

Hello guys.I am a newbie and i have done the followin to my clio 1400cc 16v.

BMC carbon dynamic airbox,full excaust system(Supersprint excaust manifold,racing cat,Elia V6 rear excaust)Shrick camms,Compression rised at 11:1,changed the block with that of a 1600 16v clio.Also the ecu is reprogrammed.

With all these the power rised at 139 hp and the torgue at 17kg from 98 hp and 12,7 kg.(dyno tested...)

Now here comes the question.Does anyone know where can I find an induction manifold for my clio?In a German site i have seen a hand made induction manifold,but i cannt find any more information.

Can you help meee????

Hello GRC79,

I´m from Germany, but unfortunately I don´t know such a company, that offers a special intake manifold for the K4J/K4M engine.

I have also the K4M engine in my ClioI

http://home.vr-web.de/seegi/Umbau/Umbauengl.htmlhttp://home.vr-web.de/seegi/Umbau/Umbauengl.html

and done the same modifications except of the schrick cams and the increased compression ratio. I also was on the dyno and I had 124hp at 5690rpm and 173Nm (is about 17,6kg) at 3680 rpm.

I´m also thinking about the schrick cams, but I don´t want to lose torque at low rpm.

Now I will try to find out if the throttle housing of the F4R engine (not ClioRS, Scenic/Laguna Mk1 with 140hp) is bigger and may be will fit also to the 1,6 16V engine.

regards

Oliver

182 cup pack

I have seen an hand made intake manifold and it was writing DnK but what the hell is that???

Oliver nice work there.....Keep it that way.:)

Also I want to change the spark plugs..Any ideas??

Thanks.

182 cup pack

Yeah I was also thinking of those.

In Greece they cost nearly 100 E but if they are good Ill try them.

Oliver why dont you try the throttle housing of the Clio Rs??I think that you can install it with no problems...

If I find what Im looking for(intake manifold)the second step is that throttle and the third is reprogramming of the managment unit(3rd time!!!!!)

I think that with these the power will rise at 150hp+ and the torgue at 17,5-18kg+

Not bad for my 1000 kg clio.....:D

Hey,

maybe I´ve found what youre looking for...maybe this company

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.dbilas.de/English/dbilas.htmlhttp://www.dbilas.de/English/dbilas.html

can make an individual throttleinjector system for your car.

Or also they can help you: <A target=_blank href= "http://www.jenvey.co.uk/http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

Here in germany it is not so easy to modify your engine because of the strict exhaust legislation, even what I´ve done is already illegal...

regarding the throttle body of the RS I will think about....

One more question: Can you tell me at which rpm your maximum power and your maximum torque is appearing?

regards

Oliver

P.S. I have little more than 900kg....;)

182 cup pack

Yeah and in Greece too things are not that easy....

Dbilas is a Greek mechanic but he doesnt have something t offer...

Ill try the jenvey even though I knew that he has 4throttle bodies.....

The maximum power comes at 5900rpm and the torgue at 4831 rpm but is stable till 6500 rpm (at 6750 ends..)from 4831 to 6500 it is more than 16,5 kg...

If I change the excaust a little bit,Ill se some gain in the whole range but Im out of money...

im still not seen a reason.

You want an inlet manifold....fair enough, but to fit which throttle body, its not complicated to make one up, but its easier if you know which throttlebody you want to fit first.

Hello GRC79,

sorry, but I can´t believe that at 6500rpm you have still 16,5kg which is about 162Nm. Because torque and power are corelating, what means if you have torque and rpm you can calculate the power.

In your case: P[kW] = M [Nm] * pi * 2 * rpm / (1000 * 60)

= 162Nm * 3,1416 * 2 * 6500 / (1000 * 60) = 110,3kW

If you multiplicate this with the in germany used factor 1,36 you get 150hp....unbelievable....

182 cup pack

Oliver youre totally right.....

I have made a mistake..Now that Im looking at the curves,the power is up 16 kg from 3500 to 5800 rpm...Than it falls and at 6500 i have a torgue 146Nm(14,8kg)

Sorryyyyyyyy......

BenR I dont want to fit a 4 throttle system to my clio.I just want a better intake manifold(better flow)for example the intake manifold of the Renault Megane 1,6 8v is made from aluminium and a mechanic told me that might be better than the factory manifold that I have...Also the intake manifold of the clio 2,0 Rs is very good but we must make experiments in order to fit it right to my 1,4 16v clio.....

Ill try to find the picture that I was telling you and Ill sow it to you in order to understand what am I looking for.....

Chears.

O.K. that sounds more plausible to me....:)

But regarding your wish to fit a RS manifold, I think you will not be sucessfull. I never tried but I thougt also about this subjet. On the first look it seems very easy to fit this manifold to other "X4X" engines, because this intermedeate manifold part (between the cylinder head and the intakemanifold itself) looks always the same. Also the 1,4l 16V (K4J), 1,6l 16V (K4M), 1,8l 16V (F4P) and the 2,0l 16V (F4R) engines themselves look very similar. But only on the first look! The 1,4l and 1,6l belong to the "K"-engine family, the 1,8l and 2,0l to the "F"-engine family. The biggest difference is the fact, that that the piston distance of the F-engine is about 15mm bigger that that of the K-engine. So also the distance of the induction tubes of the intermediate manifold probably will be bigger and the RS manifold will not fit on 1,4l and 1,6l.....:cry:

Also the RS-manifold has a switchable length, the question is if this will harmonize with a lower dispalcement.

But why don´t you try to get the cylinder head of the new Mégane 1,6l 16V Mk.2, it has a adjustable camshaft timing sproket, mybe this might improve the the torque at low rpm and the power at high revolutions.

righto then!

find the throttle body you want to run, then take the plenam off that manifold and cut&shut it ontp your manifold after you modify it for better flow if there are problems with corners, cut it, port, then weld together again.

182 cup pack

BenR because I have done a lot of experiments with my clio(Remember that is only 1,4 16v!!!!!)I dont want to enter to that procces again...Anyway when I find the picture that im telling you perhaps than you might know more about it....

Oliver as I said Ill try the manifold of the Megane 1,6 8v that was from aluminium and it might be better than ours..Keep on touch.

The other thing that i have in mind is a lightened flywheel but also I cannot find a company to have one for my clio...

Quote: Originally posted by GRC79 on 24 June 2003

BenR because I have done a lot of experiments with my clio(Remember that is only 1,4 16v!!!!!)I dont want to enter to that procces again...Anyway when I find the picture that im telling you perhaps than you might know more about it....

Oliver as I said Ill try the manifold of the Megane 1,6 8v that was from aluminium and it might be better than ours..Keep on touch.

The other thing that i have in mind is a lightened flywheel but also I cannot find a company to have one for my clio...
Hi GRC79,

I don´t think that the manifold of the 1,6l K7M Megane-engine will improve the power. The channels are very long and thin, because the engine has its maximium power around 5000 revs.

I know this engine very good, because we did put it in a twingo

http://home.vr-web.de/~seegi/Simons_Twigge/f.jpg

http://home.vr-web.de/~seegi/Simons_Twigge/d.jpg

http://home.vr-web.de/~seegi/Simons_Twigge/e.jpg

of a member of our club and tried to optimize it. Also the throttlebody is very small and there is not very much space to install a bigger one.

regards

Oliver

Thats crazy!

Oliver when you put the 1.6 16v engine in your clio, did you just use the laguna ECU? Did this work ok? Were there many problems with the wiring?

182 cup pack

Yeah I see...

Well the searching never ends as it is well known..

When I find what ill fit my clio Ill sow you the photos.

Thank you for your information.

This is what dbilas dynamic have said about my car:

For your car we could offer a chip for € 332,--.

The performance increase 6kW/8HP.

Than we could offer the regrinding of the camshafts for € 320,27.

It means that you must send us the serial camshafts and we will regrind it in a duration you want.

But it is also possible to get a new camshaft set for € 850,--.

The performance increase 15HP.

Furthermore we could offer a cylinderhead and valve modification.

The cylinderhead and valve modification includes:

- Cylinder head machining optimal – machining inlet-/outlet ports favourable to the flow € 533,79

- Milling valve seats specially – standard valves are maintained 16-V € 148,27

- Surface grinding up to 0,5mm € 44,48

- Machining standard valves in favour of air flow € 177,93

The performance increase 12HP.

All stated prices includes 16 % VAT.

For further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

@ Ben P

The wiring was a lot of work, but not a lot of Problems. Due to the fact that the base was a Clio1 phase3-model with the newer D7F-engine basically all wires were present, and had to be only rearranged in the right way...

More problems I had to crack the immobilzer of the laguna engine.

regards, Oliver