ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 Mk1 Ph3 Injection conversion( is it possible?)

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Hello guys. I was wondering if its possible to convert the 1.4 energy engine on conventional injectors with the rail. I am confident I could get more horsepower with the fine tuning of the injectors, than with a carburator. What do you think about that?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I think it sounds like a vast amount of effort, money and time to create a faster 1.4 tbh.

I'd wait, then use the money towards an RS Clio of some form.

But in answer to your question, yes it can be done. Anything can be done.

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
I would,too, but since i would have to wait 6 years minimum, and also get the money, its out of my league..

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What happens in 6 years ?!

Even if by some miracle you got an extra 50% power out of your 1.4 .. Which you won't..... You'd have spent more than a 172s worth and still not have as much poke as one...

Sell your car and buy a faster one.

Mk2 dci100 for example...

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
I can't drive more than a 100HP(at least what's in the papers) till i'm 24 years old, thats the law of my country. And if they catch me driving one, there goes my license.
So I will think about that in a couple of years, till then, what to do with the injectors?

clio dci , ren8
You could use the injection & manifold of a megane 1.6 energy ,that set up would give you 4 injectors with a rail , take it your 1.4 is on single point injection ? as they were allot quicker on the weber carb .

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Sorry for my late response. I will think about that, but will the 1.6 injection manifold fit the energy 1.4 engine?