ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.5 dci billabong wiring fault please help

clio billabong
hi everyone im new hear can anyone help i have just brought this clio great car but today after i went over some speed bumps slow we got to shops the lights where working fine but when we came out turned the ignition on and we got a ticking from fuse box side also when i had a look the ticking stoped so started car and then wipers started and headlights started to go on and off so taped the fuse box and sudenly worked ok but everytime we went over bumps or uneven road lights flickered any ideas :S

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Kill it with fire...

Check to see if all the fuses are in and working. There may be a loose connection or even a broken wire in the loom - without a multi-meter and a bit of electrickery knowledge I doubt you'll get very far.
Do you have a friendly local garage who will know what they're doing?

clio billabong
hi ive got a multi meter but when the head lights flash its sounds like a relay ticking i will have a look in the morning also when you touch the wires under the dash by fuse it stops for a bit so could it be something has just come loose :( what do you think was great untill i went over crap speed bumps lol

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Does sound like there's a loose connection or a dodgy relay there somewhere, without getting having a poke about I cant say much else!

1.2 authentique
Also check your returns the black wire from the battery, there are many connections on the body work which are prone to fail, just work you way back, wiring is crap on clio's and also where the relay box is, pull each fuse out and check for green terminals use WD40 spray to clean up all relay bases fuses and terminals, I know about wiring faults, it took me 3 days to find a faulty feed to the ecu. Good luck