ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.6 smell of fuel and also white smoke from exhaust

Renault clio s 1.4
Still got the same problem.

2 years it has been stood, changed oil, spark plugs, Air filter, Coil pack, top up of fuel and has white smoke out of the exhaust and smell of unburnt fuel.

Possible overfueling....

Any ideas? It isnt the head as the compression is fine, no water in oil or vice versor.

Arctic Blue FF 182
Generally overfueling is black smoke, burning oil is blue and white smoke is water. Have you pulled a spark plug out to see the colour of it since replacing them?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
White smoke can also be oil... its not always blue if there's enough of it.

Personally i'd rule out the coils and injectors then compression test it.

Renault clio s 1.4
ive ordered some injectors as ive heard that can cause white smoke and smell of petrol if the injector is open. colours of smokes can differ.

Renault clio s 1.4
didnt smoke when i first bought it... it required new coil pencils. was in limp mode when i bought it, since i have changed the coil pencils its smoked. i have changed them around, put over coil pencils in, changed plugs,.