ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.8 16V ECU Question

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Hi All,

Just a quickie, anyone know if the standard renault ECU in a 16v is re-programmable? Im looking at getting my car rolling roaded as ive been playing but i dont fancy getting swallowed for £350 to have a custom remap and chip. I've done the usual stuff, Induction straight through exhaust, FSE but nothing majorly mechanical hense the requirement for just a quick setup. Please tell me that it can be tweeked.

Any tips or info on this would be appreciated.

Cheers.

It can be tweaked but will involved taking the std EPROM chip out of the ECU and repalcing it with a different one thats remapped. You can buy premapped EPROMS from Hillpower/Ebay/Superchips all of which vary in price.

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
yeah get ure self a superchip and get it mapped tp suit. sorted ive got pretty muich the same set up as u atm as well. + the chip which brings it all together. :)

2005 Nissan Navara
i would advise cams/headwork, THEN remap. ur only going to get power hungry further down the line, which will require ANOTHER remap after other work.

16v Phase 1
...Also keep in mind that the Mk1 Ph1 and Ph2 ECUs are different (immobaliser) so be cautious of any chip you buy on Ebay.. Also they need soldering, so not just a clip out/in job like on other cars..