ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1 vs Clio 2

I like the look of mint mk1s, i mean pristine. But i also like the look of various tastefully modified ones too.

Basing this purely on looks as i havent driven a Mk1 i prefer the MK2s shape.

Quote: Originally posted by FlansS14 on 03 September 2005

No doubt about it. Clio 1 is the Daddy,

Any nobody can go and find a well looked after clio2 because there all owned by woman,mums and grannys. The 172s are the new Clit

Every C*nts got one.

Williams All the way.... Non of this mass produced crap..i got a plaque.
PMSL its true

MK2 has the modern roundy focus type dash, very gay and they do look pretty much the same, they are too tall and too easy to drive.

When you see a valver coming round the corner it has presece, where as the MK2, well, its a jelly mould.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 04 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 04 September 2005

i dont see how saxo drivers can comment on mk2 clios looking like corsas when they own the biggest chavmobile of all time

Biggest Supercharged chav mobile of all time

:D
It can have 10 superchargers for all i care and a turbo

Vee dub

i dont see how saxo drivers can comment on mk2 clios looking like corsas when they own the biggest chavmobile of all time

No it has one supercharger

But goes well

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

No it has one supercharger

But goes well
I love mk1s and mk2s,but at the end of the day renault have had to change the shape of the clio to keep up with other manufacturers,mk1 172s are getting rare already which will make them stand out more,just like 16vs & williams do

1.6 16v clio priv

All the arguments on here seem to be about the sports versions ie williams/172 etc.

I own a mk1 1.4 rt (which is currently off road) and a mk3 1.6 16v. Firstly If I had the choice of a new mk 1 or mk 3 Id go for the mk 1. Ive heard the same about the mk2 and 3 from many sources, that they are very similar in feel. Firstly the mk 2 looks like a girls car with that bonnet. I wouldnt be seen dead in one. The facelift for the mk 3 is definately a must for newer models.

Personally I think the mk1 felt much racyer. It only had 80bhp but it felt like it had 200. You slam your foot on the accelerator and your thrown back in the seat. When I first got my mk3 and first put my foot down I thought something was wrong with it. I felt like it was going nowhere. Then I looked at the speedo and it was rocketing compared to the old car.

To sum up The newer models are much more comfortable and luxurious. The older models are just fun to drive. If I had the money Id restore my mk1. Refurb the interior and beef up the engine etc to give it the power of the newer models. Its the most fun car to drive Ive ever driven.

^^^

I admit that does look ace but it would cost so much more. I tried to pick two that would cost around the same sort of money. Obviously if money was no object at all its hard to compare a 15 year old car to a brand new one. But id still prefer to restore a mk1 with that endless money.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Winston16V/Rally%20sl*gs/Dscf011020Pezzutti-Murcia.jpg">

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Winston16V/Rally%20sl*gs/MAxi2.bmp">

At the end of the day thought its just what you yourself prefer. In my eyes you cant beat the old school. While others will prefer something that brand new. Half the enjoyment of having a car like this to me is tinkering with it and i just wouldnt want to do that with something that still had warenty.

[Edited by case on 05 September 2005 at 1:01pm]

[Edited by case on 05 September 2005 at 1:02pm]

[Edited by case on 05 September 2005 at 1:03pm]

[Edited by case on 05 September 2005 at 1:04pm]

[Edited by case on 05 September 2005 at 1:05pm]

[Edited by case on 05 September 2005 at 1:06pm]

SC 172 FF

IMO i like the mark1s betta but thats probably because i own 1 lol they luk mean compared 2 newer clios......also gota say iv sat in a few new clios and id take the interior in my williams any day......the seats are soooooo comfy!!!!!

Octavia VRS

Learned in a mk1 so have a soft spot for it but interior was woeful! Still would rather have a mk2 and above pic is lush

file:///C:/documents%20and%20Settings/paul%20saunders.ELIORUK/My%20documents/clio2.JPG">

Mk1 all day long no contest !

VaVa

Mk1 looks out dated, old and well.... really old.

If you must say they look aggressive to make up for the fact they look sh*t, old fashioned and you cant afford a newer ca,r then crack on.

Just because something is old, it doesnt automatically make it retro.

i love a good windup... how long has stromba been back on here... lol

I have more than enough money to buy a newer car but i choose to buy older classic cars as they have far more character .! each to there own mate ! what do you drive...

classic ? someone might want to point you in the direction of the definition of the word classic. And this is coming from someone who likes valvers and Williams

VaVa

Clio 16v!! A Classic FPMSL!!!

Some people on ere are completely deluded. A Williams is a (future) classic granted, but 16v? pull the other one!!

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 05 September 2005

Clio 16v!! A Classic FPMSL!!!

Some people on ere are completely deluded.

it would rather seem from your reply that you may well be one of them:sleep:

[Edited by budj on 05 September 2005 at 6:10pm]

The Clio 16v IS a classic, not just because is old (otherwise that would make your mum a "classic" too, lol ) but because it kept the Hot Hatch genre alive and well.

I dont think these boys can read

"the term refers to cars made between 1925-1948; these cars have all the model options of the time, were made in limited numbers, displaying superior craftsmanship."

ok now point out what relates to a valver out of that little lot?

Surely the 16v had all the model options of the time, granted it didnt have superior craftmanship because it was French, and would always come second to a garlic baguette, but you get my point. Im not incinuating it was the best hot hatch ever, far from it, Id chose a 19 16v over it everyday of the week in comparison

VaVa

Did the Clio 16v have the same impact as the R5/205/Golf Gti?? Did it fook.

The Clio 16v isnt fit to stand in the 205s shadow. And neither is my 172.

I think you 16v owners are getting a bit carried away...

xr4x4

Tbh i dont really care if its a classic or not, but it sure as hell aint forgotten, but as ive noticed most ppl on this club have their heads up their arses..which is why i dont bother posting usually.

I never said the Valver was forgotten, I just dont believe it is a classic that redefined the hot hatch market. The cars I mentioned before do, IMO of course.

VaVa

Thats really the point I was trying to make ^^^

Maybe I was a bit hasty in saying forgotten, but it doesnt stand in the same light as the others of that era, and isnt as instantly recogniseable to the general public (we dont count because were Clio geeks..lol)

Valver = good looking fast good handling still capable hot hatch it does not = classic. Im not slating it at all, know the difference! My 182 wont be a classic, will it be regarded as a well realised hothatch able to punch above its class ? yes in the same way the valver is/was.

Who cares what a car redefines, whether or not it was the first, second or third on the market, its how it goes after all...

[Edited by BluePete on 9/5/2005 8:28:35 PM]

not wanting to start a new argument I dont see how the Williams could be classic and the valver not.. :p