ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1 vs Clio 2

Heard so much about this forum bumming the series 2 clio...who prefers what and why... i think the series 1 is much better(16v/Williams)...

the series to strikes me as a bit of a girls car, no offense lol

I like the shape of the mk1s, but the interiors are too outdated for me. So Id have the mk1 exterior and mk2 interior

Punto/Clio GTT

haha this is gonna turn into world war 3.

IMO i think the williams is the best clio of all time.

IMO i think mk 2 clios do look tame compared to the mean mk 1 (ph 1/2) front end especially with the bonnet bulge.

IMO the clio V6 is overrated, heavy n piss poorly factory "kitted" up with more plastic than the barbie factory.

i look at a dimma mk 1 clio and i look at a clio v6 and there is no contest for looks, the dimma pisses all over it IMO

thank you and goodnight!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i think clio 1s look more aggressive / sporty.

but clio 2s have better interiors, are safer, more toys, etc etc.

depends what you want from your clio, and how much you have to spend really.

so final maxim what you mean is... series one clio for you ;)

if they were both the same price... what would you have?

[Edited by nuttynutter123 on 02 September 2005 at 2:36pm]

[Edited by nuttynutter123 on 02 September 2005 at 2:37pm]

i think i agree with Nightfire

the mk1 was very modern for its time, but of course the interior wasnt quite there with it, so seems to have dated far quicker.

the Mk2 ph1 looks good on the out side but the interior isnt as good

and the mk2 ph2 onwards is where reno seemed to get its act toegther and the total package looks much better i my opinion

[Edited by madman1981 on 02 September 2005 at 2:47pm]

172, Tiguan

lol. I smell a windup.

<stirs>

The MK1 is OK i guess, its a bit old hat though. Still its a cheap as chips so if you cant afford a later one then I guess its good enough. Mind the rust though....

</stirs>

I think this is going to turn into an arguement. I also think if you had an IQ over 50 youd realise your opening statement is inflammitory and bound to cause a ruck, or maybe thats your intention....

I wonder where you heard this forum is "bumming the series 2 clio" i can think of a place and several individuals that would subscribe (wrongly) to that opinion.

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by nuttynutter123 on 02 September 2005

so final maxim what you mean is... series one clio for you ;)

if they were both the same price... what would you have?

[Edited by nuttynutter123 on 02 September 2005 at 2:36pm]

[Edited by nuttynutter123 on 02 September 2005 at 2:37pm]

out of a dimma mk 1 n a clio v6?

dimma all day long for looks

I love the way valvers & williams look, they look proper hardcore
ok so 172s have slightly flared front arches, but not in the same league as valvers etc.
My dad has a mk2 172 & says he prefered the way my valver looked (i sold it)
interior wise, my valver didnt bother me at all, it had leather in it & the seats were some of the best i have sat on.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

no preference - equally as good as each other........i remember when i was 17 back in 1992 and the dramatic impact the williams had on the hot hatch scene - they were the equivalent of an evo 9 at the time to a 17 yr old now

there is no wa the 172/cup182/cup/v6/trophy (how many more gos do they need at making a decent hot hatch) will ever have the reputation a williams has got... prob even a 16v...

you seem to see more 172/cup182/cup/v6/trophy s than you do corsas these days

lol ys that loony... you bored and wanna go back to school?

No but clearly boredom has set in and maybe being back at school would be the best thing to do with you.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 September 2005
I wonder where you heard this forum is "bumming the series 2 clio" i can think of a place and several individuals that would subscribe (wrongly) to that opinion.

Ive heard of this place too, think its called Narnia, been told theres a f**k off Lion and a Witch

Certainly sound a great place to be, a lot of fun for all the family.

;)

mk1 s all the way, i have driven a number of new cars like peugeot 206,s newish corsas new clios and i hate how the pedals and steering feels, the clutches are so light and floppy theres no feel in the brakes and the accerators are ok i suppose, when i get back my mk1 i think thank god i dont own something like these so called new cars

Mini Cooper S sport

Well I much prefer the Mk2s looks and interior. Nothing against Mk 1s, but I think they look a bit old now.

Some people prefer that look though, its all down to personal taste.

Remapped derv Golf

Only Valvers and Williams are worth talking about!

RTs and RNs are even more weedy looking than a mk2 1.2 8v non sport

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Heard so much about this forum bumming the series 2 clio...who prefers what and why... i think the series 1 is much better(16v/Williams)...

I think you could have worded this topic a bit better,if we all had mk1s it would be pretty boring,i like 16vs & williams but my 172 has got everything i want,a bit of luxury and a quick engine,as i see it the williams was the better handling car but the 172 has got the better engine

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 03 September 2005

I think you could have worded this topic a bit better,if we all had mk1s it would be pretty boring,i like 16vs & williams but my 172 has got everything i want,a bit of luxury and a quick engine,as i see it the williams was the better handling car but the 172 has got the better engine

whats the matter with the wording? its a personal opinion:confused:

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i think mk1s stand out the most and look the most aggressive but theyre getting old now! thats their only downfall! performance is still on par (ish ;))

Williams20V-306BHP

No doubt about it. Clio 1 is the Daddy,

Any nobody can go and find a well looked after clio2 because there all owned by woman,mums and grannys. The 172s are the new Clit

Every C*nts got one.

Williams All the way.... Non of this mass produced crap..i got a plaque.

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by budj on 03 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 03 September 2005

whats the matter with the wording? its a personal opinion:confused:

i think the matter is that basically youve worded it in such a way that it is bouned to cause a bit of an arguement and annoy a few people.

[Edited by Scott1987 on 03 September 2005 at 4:36pm]

lol, ^^^^ and your obviously someone thats taken offence. who cares about how its worded, its all good for a discusion.

and the end of the day the mk1 was way better in its time then the mk2 is today. really cant understand how anyone could prefer the looks of a mk2 over the mk1, anyone with taste would agree;).

its all true... you look at a 172 and think oh another clio , the 16v/williams is another leauge...

you know things are bad when renault bring out a 1.2 replicar of there best model lol... mmmm tasty...

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by markknightpz on 04 September 2005

lol, ^^^^ and your obviously someone thats taken offence. who cares about how its worded, its all good for a discusion.

and the end of the day the mk1 was way better in its time then the mk2 is today. really cant understand how anyone could prefer the looks of a mk2 over the mk1, anyone with taste would agree;).
lol^^^^ no youve obviously misunderstood me, i was simply takin an unbiased view on the situation, and why would i argue in favour of the mk2s when i drive a valver??;)

[Edited by Scott1987 on 04 September 2005 at 12:33pm]

and no i didnt ake offence by the starting of the thread

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by Scott1987 on 04 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by markknightpz on 04 September 2005

lol^^^^ no youve obviously misunderstood me, i was simply takin an unbiased view on the situation, and why would i argue in favour of the mk2s when i drive a valver??;)

[Edited by Scott1987 on 04 September 2005 at 12:33pm]

and no i didnt ake offence by the starting of the thread
mk1s are a lot rarer now but 10 years ago they was ten a penny,just like mk2s will be rarer in years to come,and how do they do a 1.2 version of the 172/182,its got different wings,wheels,interior,bumpers,irmc

Vee dub

As long as your happy with what you have then who cares really?

Im a huuge MK1 fan, but also love the 172 Cup and V6s.....

I think all the Renault hot hatches are superb... from valver to V6

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

i dont see how saxo drivers can comment on mk2 clios looking like corsas when they own the biggest chavmobile of all time

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 04 September 2005

i dont see how saxo drivers can comment on mk2 clios looking like corsas when they own the biggest chavmobile of all time

Biggest Supercharged chav mobile of all time

:D