ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v brakes problem

Rover 200 Vi
Now then fellow clio lovers, I have a 1993 Clio 16v which is having a few problems with its brakes. Sometimes the peddle goes right to the floor and the brakes bearly work, lift your foot off and pump the brakes and they work fine. I bled the brakes last week and they are better, but it still happens every now and then. Have I just not bled them enough or is there something else causing it?

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v
I had exactly the same issue and found that the two castle nuts on my drive shaft was not correctly tight! this causes the wheel to not rotate straight, rather meander from side to side and actually space the pads off the disk. when you put your foot on the pedal first it brings the pads back to the surface of the disk and then the second application of pedal brakes the car.

I learnt this the hard way after changing the master cylinder and then the servo and then having the system bled twice! after tightening the bolts problem vanished!

check your master cylinder and brake pressure regulator, I had these both replaced the other day and it's sorted it a treat. also check brake pipes.

is it loosing fluid? if so brake pipes or it could be leaking from the master cylinder. if no leak then imo its the brake pressure reg.

Rover 200 Vi
Cheers for the suggestions, quite interested by the comments on the drive shaft, will have to investigate. How much do you want for the master cylinder? (the bloke who is selling one!)