ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v mechanical help please!

I changed the oil and filter the other day on my beloved 16v. Dont know what all the fuss is all about - seemed pretty straightforward to me. Top tip - remove the front grille to improve access to the filter.

Anyway, while under the car I noticed a little trickle of oil from my gearbox.

Ive noticed that theres been a bit of wining recently from the front of the car, especially off throttle while decelerating.

Has anybody else had this? Does it spell impending doom? Had a gearbox re-build about 10k miles ago - was all fine then.

Trophy

Ben,

Just make sure the gearbox oil level is sufficient.

Where abouts was the leak coming from? I have a slight leak from one of my driveshaft boots but am going to put a willy box in, in the near future if i keep the car.

Did you get any sort of warrenty with the rebuild?

Mat.

Cheers Mat. Am not sure where exactly its coming from, but thanks for reminding me about the warranty! Maybe you could have a peek at Brands?!

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah hell have the famous foam crawling mat in the boot of the Clio! Ready to get underneath anyones Clio.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Think i know what u mean - there is a plastic gaurd plate to protect the gearbox housing on the underneath- i had the same thing - its gearbox fluid - top it up! not sure why its happened - but mines been ok since... oil collects in the plastic tray - i unclipped the tray and gear box oil all over me!

Think it could be some sort of seal or gasket that shagged...been putting it off by topping it up with gearbox oil...any ideas anyone?