ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v v,s 172

I drive a white 93 clio 16v with decat and pipercross filter, i recently had a race with a 172 along a very long straight road we went right upto 130 and then had to slow down. I later spoke to the guy and he said he couldnt loose me at all i was right on his arse. Shouldnt i off got thrashed?

RS4

Quote: Originally posted by jtrenaultuk on 14 June 2005

I drive a white 93 clio 16v with decat and pipercross filter, i recently had a race with a 172 along a very long straight road we went right upto 130 and then had to slow down. I later spoke to the guy and he said he couldnt loose me at all i was right on his arse. Shouldnt i off got thrashed?
nah yours is white so you would have kept up:p

Sounds about right...172s vary a fair bit power wise and wether theyre run in or not (despite what some people will claim). Racing one flat out on the straight in a valver means you wont encounter any the problems of falling out of the power band assosiated with the 1.8 (i.e 0 torque below 4.5k)...so fairly even IMO

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by tom_1.4_16v on 14 June 2005
wasnt driving tales scrapped?

I thought so to.