ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Airbag Fault after Fitting Trophy Recaro's

Megane F1 230 R26
Got a clio sport 172 in our workshop today and customer said that the airbag module needs to be configured to the new seats!
I've have never done this procedure using the clip software before!
Scanned for faults and as below their where two faults on the system

Clip codes 2 faults
1)Pass pretensioner which was bad connection under seat rectified.
2)DF187 trigger line Configuration 1.DEf= Incoherence this will not erase!

Their was no faults concerning the side airbags as cust fitted 5 ohm resisters!
This DF187 fault code still exists! Any idea's on this anybody!

Changing the airbag module config with the side airbag to with or without in the clip configuration screen has no effect?

Thanks in advance!

Megane F1 230 R26
Update on this might be helpful to you lot!
Removed customers resistors and reconfig the airbag module!
Airbag fault reset and working fine!!

The reason airbag light was still-on is because the module still thinks airbags are still present with
this mickey mouse resistor's causing a trigger line config fault!

Big thanks to LEMON!! Cheers Mate!

You fitted after market seats or just got an airbag light?

I only ask as on my Cup the underseat wiring block was temperamental and it's exactly the same on my meg. French electrics... I 'fixed' it both times by wiggling the block and wires, I kid you not. Every time I slide the seat forward for rear passengers to get in more often than not it would flash a light up on the dash. As I say French cars and their quirks!

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
I've turned off all the air bag sensors via the clip and it's still showing a fault lol,

No seats! Just air bag light

C63 PPP Estate

Just got back off holiday and tried this, it's worked a treat. My connector on the passenger pretensioner also needed unconnecting and reconnecting, but configuration was a bit weird; pretensioner disabled on drivers, enabled on passenger. Set them both to Without and removed the resistors and all good