ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 and ZR160 up the mountains

MG ZR 160
Saturday mornings, a day where we spend most of oyur time with our cars, whether it be cleaning them or modding them....well craig decided to modify his by fitting his new eibach lowering springs.Then after all that fitting we decided to up the mountains for a blast on the awesome epic welsh twisty roads and then take some photos lol.

Enjoy
58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

72.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

79.jpg

77.jpg

81.jpg

80.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

88.jpg

P.S. There were no sheep :(

Chhers
Maj

Listerine & Poledo
Used to have a 160 in black, liked it but couldn't rely on it not giving up so chopped in for the 172.

Not sure which was the rattle-ier, probably the Clio, but the ZR was definately a bigger car inside. VVC was nice too.

Listerine & Poledo
The 1*2 is the quicker car though eh?

Mostly.. whenever there's a corner...... or a straight...... or any period of prolonged throttle and heat......

....so yeah, pretty much.

Still, ZR is comfier... .I think..... actually no, no it was w@nk in comparison

200 FF Storm Grey
My mate has the Ph2 160 (not sure if it's mechanically different) and there is very very little in that and my 182 on the straights.

So suprised you find there's alot of difference between the two, either your mates is fooked or my mates is a bit of a freak lol (mine seems to be where it should be up agaisnt other motors).

25145_10150163155790341_567990340_12116618_5915871_n.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Facelift ZR's are no different under the skin chap.

standard -v- standard, any of the Mk.2 RS's should match (at worst) or see off (usually) any of the ZR's.... apart from the diesel if you're looking at in-gear flex.

The Facelifts do look a lot better though, another reason I got rid of my 160, they just looked, well...... a bit Max Power "Readers Cars"

Inferno 182 & Saxo
are you running the later land rover headgasket? If not I'd recommend that and the remote stat and kiss HGF goodbye forever

Stripped yozza'd cup
Are they close for pace? My clio is much quicker than my mates ZR160... perhaps there's something wrong with it....

MG ZR 160
My mate has the Ph2 160 (not sure if it's mechanically different) and there is very very little in that and my 182 on the straights.

So suprised you find there's alot of difference between the two, either your mates is fooked or my mates is a bit of a freak lol (mine seems to be where it should be up agaisnt other motors).

25145_10150163155790341_567990340_12116618_5915871_n.jpg

Nobody said anything about beating one another,

are you running the later land rover headgasket? If not I'd recommend that and the remote stat and kiss HGF goodbye forever

a lot of love and attention keeps it going on the OE head, i have had this car for 2 yrs now and on 84k it aint skipped a beat. I have had 4 other rovers all with K- series and not one popped.

Are they close for pace? My clio is much quicker than my mates ZR160... perhaps there's something wrong with it....

Clio sports are much quicker than the ZR160's due to the lightness of the car.

MG ZR 160

I dont know what you meant by this lol

"So suprised you find there's alot of difference between the two, either your mates is fooked or my mates is a bit of a freak lol (mine seems to be where it should be up agaisnt other motors)."

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Nobody said anything about beating one another,

a lot of love and attention keeps it going on the OE head, i have had this car for 2 yrs now and on 84k it aint skipped a beat. I have had 4 other rovers all with K- series and not one popped.

Clio sports are much quicker than the ZR160's due to the lightness of the car.

Id personally fit the remote stat . Its an hours job and stops thermal shock, when even with the slotted 82 degree stats can still be a problem. K-series though - some go on forever others just go!

Mk5 golf gti
why phase 2 wheels on a phase 1, heavier wheels and more expensive to wrap for tyres than f1's

madness

nice pics but i have had bad experiances with the Rover so ill get out before i criticise :rasp:

clio sport 172 ph1
why phase 2 wheels on a phase 1, heavier wheels and more expensive to wrap for tyres than f1's

madness

nice pics but i have had bad experiances with the Rover so ill get out before i criticise :rasp:

Cos my oz"s are gettin refurb soon n i bought them cheap. Still nt sure on wt colour to put them in. Any ideas?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
not that I'm a rs fan but the clio's engine bay looks better!
great location and photos ;)

MG ZR 160
Id personally fit the remote stat . Its an hours job and stops thermal shock, when even with the slotted 82 degree stats can still be a problem. K-series though - some go on forever others just go!

Need to get hold of one first buddy, dont think they are made anymore, unless i do DIY lol

Very nice mate. What roads where those pictures taken on?

cheers man

The black mountain in camarthenshire lol