ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Brake discs

Clio Sport 172
Hi, I'm hoping somebody can help me with a question about replacement of me 53 plate Clio 172 rear brake discs. I dont know whether it is possible to replace the discs with a cheaper alternative that comes without the ABS ring and the pre-pressed wheel bearing? Obviously I would rather switch these parts over (if its possible) rather than spend the £200+ that Renault charges for the complete part, but I dont know if this is possible. I would be really grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i think halford sell them for £60 for the pair, plus if you can get a trade card you can get them for £46 like me :)

ph2 172
Thanks a lot for that deaddog, big help. Have you tried brakeparts out, are they reliable?

nope, not tried them yet. I was just remembered seeing them at a much better price that than the genuine renault item. I'm sure they're also available at other suppliers for similar prices. It may be worth phoning a local motor factor.